• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ker

• CCABW

• katpaws

• Purpleblaze

Top Posters In This Topic

And that’s the problem. Nothing changes. It’s “domestic “. Nothing to see here. Nothing to bother the authorities over.

Until that changes, Nothing will change.

Australia - we deserve better.

Purpleblaze

As women (I am not in a DV situation and have had no exposure to the system) and as a society what more can we do to continue to push for action? I’m not a lawyer or a social worker or in any profession that can directly support victims or strive to change laws. But I want to contribute. I want to say I do NOT accept this situation, this culture, fix it NOW! What can I do?

We were able to change seat belt attitudes, smoking attitudes, this is similar - there is no excuse why we can’t tackle this. We have not had the laser like focus to demand change, especially from the top, approaching it from all sides and demanding significant improvement. I really dislike our country at the moment.

Half the problem are the idiots who go on about "men are abused too!" And "dads have rights to see their kids, she drove him to it". Male and female idiots. Yes, I'm looking at you FB.

I've wasted several hours today arguing with idiots on there.

I usually find myself feeling very sad for the women and children and extended families in these situations but today I am so effing angry at men, and yes I am angry at all men. Even if not all men commit the violence, the other men do nothing to stop it or do not believe women when they say they have been abused. The men's rights movement were able to be so active that kids are forced to see fathers who have abused them and mothers are told that if they do not make the kid see their abuser they will be the one who is blamed. Poor baby, no child's life should be taken by their parent. There is much wrong with our society.

Advertisement