• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ker

• CCABW

• katpaws

• Purpleblaze

Top Posters In This Topic

When I initially saw the footage, my immediate thoughts were, ‘you don’t accidentally fall over that rail’.

So sad.

So innocent and taken way too soon.

Fly high, little girl.

To inflict enduring harm and heartache on his partner I assume? Vile man had a history of domestic violence.

RIP Little Kobi.

Edited by Gumbette

News site have put a photo up of her beautiful little face. So heartbreaking. Her poor mum and family

Darling girl, fly high in paradise.

Her poor mum, and the other people that would have witnessed this. Just awful.

I was just watching the news- This "father" is horrible. He was in jail for DV and released only a couple months back. He went to court yesterday, only hours before, seeking greater access to the baby. And he called the mother and taunted her before he jumped.

When is the legal system going to take violence against women and their children seriously???

Edited by katpaws

Purpleblaze

When is the whole country going to take men's violence against women and children seriously??? I am so angry at the systems, the enablers, the fucking useless government who do NOTHING or even worse dismantle support services for DV victims. When are we going to get a leadership group that takes this issue but the scruff of the neck and DEMANDS the safety of women and children FIRST. We barely tinker around the edges with the legalities when the whole system is doing FUCK ALL to curb domestic terrorism. We sigh at the American's and their gun culture but are we any different in this issue? I know that the wheels of change turn slowly but this is FUCKING RIDICULOUS! King hits were dealt with in a legal sense extremely quickly. Imagine how this would be handled if it was men on the receiving end? NOT GOOD ENOUGH AUSTRALIA!

RIP beautiful Kobi

When is the whole country going to take men's violence against women and children seriously??? I am so angry at the systems, the enablers, the fucking useless government who do NOTHING or even worse dismantle support services for DV victims. When are we going to get a leadership group that takes this issue but the scruff of the neck and DEMANDS the safety of women and children FIRST. We barely tinker around the edges with the legalities when the whole system is doing FUCK ALL to curb domestic terrorism. We sigh at the American's and their gun culture but are we any different in this issue? I know that the wheels of change turn slowly but this is FUCKING RIDICULOUS! King hits were dealt with in a legal sense extremely quickly. Imagine how this would be handled if it was men on the receiving end? NOT GOOD ENOUGH AUSTRALIA!

RIP beautiful Kobi

Absolutely this. Your points are so soberingly and outrageously true.

RIP beautiful souls.

StillFreddiesMum

TRIGGER

When a man / dad kills his baby / kids - he is doing so to inflict as much pain as possible for his ex-wife/girlfriend. In the depths of my PND I thought about ending my life. I didn't think of ending the baby's life. Some poor women who get even worse PND than I got start to think that the kids can't live without mum so they do kill the kids and then commit suicide. This is a genuine mental illness that can and does harm women and children. This is why it is so important for mums / carers to have as much help as possible when they are in those early mind destroying years of raising children.

This is not the case here. Or in any other horrific murder where a father has murdered his own children to spite the mother. It is pure and utter evil behaviour. As Purpleblaze said above - we may not have the same 'gun culture' that America has but we have a sick and disordered society that allows this to happen. We do not listen to women and children when they say they feel unsafe. We do not respect a child who says they don't want to spend time with their father because he scares them. We do not protect women and children at all. It's so fucking depressing because what happened today with beautiful little baby Kobi - WILL happen again and again and again and nothing will change.

Rest in peace angel baby.

If you want to know how messed up the system is, I went to a police station to ask about an IVO and the officer I spoke to rang my ex and told him i was there.

WTF? Any chance this idiot received training on this afterwards? What an absolute halfwit.

And poor Kelly Wilkinson kept going to the police after her ex breached the DVO again and again. The police are a huge part of the problem

TRIGGER WARNING

https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/crime/alleged-breaches-of-a-court-order-were-not-serious-enough-to-incarcerate-gold-coast-mum-kelly-wilkinsons-alleged-killer/news-story/b073ae0dabe0c4c5de83f8d15af78514

Police have history of not taking DV seriously. 14 years ago, I had to call the police on my ex. The (female) police officer said "you have kids together. You need to work it out". I tried to file an AVO. They wouldn't do it.

I had to go way over their heads to get anything done. It seems it hasn't changed.

Advertisement