As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Andrew Laming ADHD

Daffy2016

And then you get a kid going... but mum, I have adhd. I don't act like that. I would NEVER act like that to people. But now people are going to think that ADHD will make me be like that.

And so a kid who is proud to explain that his brain is wired different starts to learn to be ashamed of who he is.

Oh but no, lets blame it. Lets tarnish a bunch more people who are already fighting against the stigma and make them ashamed to mention that might be neurodiverse. He makes me so fucking angry.

And you know what else I can see happening? People avoiding getting diagnoses because they don't want to be tarred with a label that someone associated with a misogynist prick.

ETA: [mention]Blueskies[/mention] the blasted blame it on being autistic one makes me see red too. Especially when linked with the "can't show empathy/doesn't feel anything".

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrankyM

• purplekitty

• LemonMyrtle

• Antifa

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Laming is just the latest in a long line of miscreants and it all reflects badly on Scomo. What's the medical diagnosis for appointing a cabinet of deplorables?

ETA: @Blueskies the blasted blame it on being autistic one makes me see red too. Especially when linked with the "can't show empathy/doesn't feel anything".

Totally. I have an ASD (formerly known as Asperger's Syndrome before it was all crunched under one umbrella in the DSM). We have feelings and empathy just as much as the next person, but our diverse brain can make it difficult to understand and cope with the sheer depth of the emotions running through us.

[mention]Catzilla[/mention] if anything my autistic boy feels too much. Feels too much empathy. So shuts down because he ends up distressed.

Advertisement