• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lurker

• Ozgirl

• Tinsel

• Dadto2

Top Posters In This Topic

Happydaisy

Yes its sad that him getting any jail time is enough to make me happy.

Don’t worry i was happy too we have to take the wins where we can get them unfortunately.

I dont understand his wife standing by him.

Rape or not is she okay with him sleeping around?

Im hoping it was for optics. And that she leaves him now.

Kiwi Bicycle

Jarrad is ultra relgious, think Israel Folou religious.

Stands to reason, she's religious too. You know the I am the subservient wife to my husband and the pecking order is God- husband- wife?

Plus she has had a child to him ( although out of wedlock, so maybe not so good Christians).

We don't know what happens at home. She could be a victim too.

It's amazing how many rapists and child abusers have their wife/girlfriend with them in court. It's just unfathomable.

Does anyone know what is meant when they said in the press the police controlled the text messages the victim sent to JH?

Winter frost

It's amazing how many rapists and child abusers have their wife/girlfriend with them in court. It's just unfathomable.

It’s interesting. I am in the camp that everyone needs support, but in the context of his outburst yest I would find it fairly untenable. Be interesting to see if she waits the 3-4 years.

I really do hope these high profile cases help men be better educated about what consent really means. I hope it leads fathers to have more and better conversation soon with their sons.. Although clearly Haynes still doesn’t understand.

Does anyone know what is meant when they said in the press the police controlled the text messages the victim sent to JH?

What did they say exactly? Was it about gathering evidence? They might have had her text/call him to see if he would admit guilt to her or apologise.

It’s interesting. I am in the camp that everyone needs support, but in the context of his outburst yest I would find it fairly untenable. Be interesting to see if she waits the 3-4 years.

I really do hope these high profile cases help men be better educated about what consent really means. I hope it leads fathers to have more and better conversation soon with their sons.. Although clearly Haynes still doesn’t understand.

Everyone needs support at their rape trial? Yeahhhhh nah

What did they say exactly? Was it about gathering evidence? They might have had her text/call him to see if he would admit guilt to her or apologise.

I'm trying to find the article. The impression I got was that they were essentially telling her what to write in the hope they would elicit a specific response from him, incriminating him further. It's obviously legal otherwise it wouldn't have been permitted, (Note, I believe he deserves jail time), but this just struck me as odd especially when it played a critical part in getting a conviction.

This is what accountability looks like. Sadly, there seems to be a lot of denial not only with Hayne but also his revolting supporters.

Kiwi Bicycle

Occassionally there has been cases of people being innocent of a rape ( it's a fabrication) but I would really hope the Police and Prosecutors wouldn't let those get anywhere near a trial.

Occassionally there has been cases of people being innocent of a rape ( it's a fabrication) but I would really hope the Police and Prosecutors wouldn't let those get anywhere near a trial.

They don't - they can't. If there's no evidence of a crime then the OPP won't try it.

I'm trying to find the article. The impression I got was that they were essentially telling her what to write in the hope they would elicit a specific response from him, incriminating him further. It's obviously legal otherwise it wouldn't have been permitted, (Note, I believe he deserves jail time), but this just struck me as odd especially when it played a critical part in getting a conviction.

It's legal and it's pretty common. In cases that are very he said/she said, and the point of law isn't whether it happened but whether he knew she wasn't consenting when it happened, they often suggest the victim approach the offender and talk to him about it. They don't trick him into anything; it's not dodgy. But if he says sorry, or something like "yeah I knew you didn't want to but I thought you'd like it anyway" or "haha fuck you; you can't prove I knew" or something like that then it can make their case.

Winter frost

To be clear. I don’t believe he is innocent. But I am not going to criticise his wife for attending court with him and sitting quietly. I have no idea about her or her life.

Well if your loved one is accused and you truly think they’re innocent.

I can see that at the very first stages, like the arrest, and the shock of it all. And of course many/most crooks are very manipulative. But at the point where you've heard all the evidence and he's been convicted, no. I don't sympathise with someone who would choose to believe him at that point.

Lesley225

I'd find it hard as a partner but surely family members would still want to be there no matter what they'd done. Doesn't mean they codone it but it's still their son etc.

It’s so very easy to criticise people who support perps but unless you have been in that situation, you really don’t get it. It’s never as easy or as straightforward as it looks from the outside - never!

Good. But I doubt he'll spend that long in jail unfortunately. He'll be out in a few months because of overcrowding or his safety or some other rot.

Advertisement