• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pnut

• LunaFreya

• Ernegirl

• purplekitty

I hope people read that article about Russia and Twitter and think about how similar it sounds to what is happening across the world. No governments want us to speak freely.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this headline "Have you ever seen anybody that is so full of crap?' Trump lashes out at Dr. Fauci" and immediately thought "is that a rhetorical question...?"

Trump is such a massive fool. (I could easily say more but keeping it clean!) :lol:

• Like 1

ArabellaKagical

Found this Twitter yesterday - and unbelievable how Trump's quotes fit Red Skull

I read the author had to make it clear that he was using real Trump quotes and not actually Red Skulls's!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep the shortage is bad. I know of a few pages I follow where people have said not going to be able to work because their cars are going to run out of fuel in the next day or so and there is minimal or no public transport.

And honestly, it could happen here too easily enough. The flood where I live a few years ago, we were watching how much we drove very very carefully as they couldn't get the trucks in. (And ended up sending food via water).

Purpleblaze

Look at us and toilet paper last year. I spoke to someone from sorbent last week and they couldn’t believe people were hoarding a product that was manufactured locally. Whilst I don’t approve of gas hoarding, I can certainly understand it.

So what do they call call if they call petrol gas? Esp with cars that do use gas?

Would have thought there would be rationing or is that not the US way?

So what do they call call if they call petrol gas? Esp with cars that do use gas?

Would have thought there would be rationing or is that not the US way?

Apparently they call gas (LPG) 'natural gas' when used in cars.

And no, there would be no rationing in 'the individual is king' USA.

I don't think Cheney would actually have the numbers as most of the Republicans are laying low and switching parties would bring too much attention to them. I think it would be an interesting exercise as it would give a true indication of just how much support Trump actually has in the Republican party.

All depends on whether they do better or worse in mid term elections. If they don't regain control of the senate I think it'll be like rats on a sinking ship. If they do then Trump has control of the party for the rest of his days.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-14/liz-cheney-donald-trump-andrew-yang/100135372

Is it possible that Cheney and some others will set up a rival conservative party. Would be very interesting to see - they would attract a lot of corporate money but I'm not sure whether the 'base' (how appropriate that word is) would follow them away.

I hope they do, it could split the conservative vote.

Anne Bonny

Jaysus, here it comes. I guess this explains why Cheney is woman overboard. If Trump's legacy includes getting Roe v Wade overturned, he'll be permanently deified . None of them are going to even look at him sideways because they're expecting this to come through.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can’t find the post now but it was basically “Texas - a state with reproductive rights for viruses but not for women”

At least there is now an injunction against the new law, but it is an incredible government overreach that is solely about oppression of women rather than concerns surrounding abortion.

Edited by Dadwasathome
  • Like 3
  • Angry 2

4 minutes ago, Dadwasathome said:

Can’t find the post now but it was basically “Texas - a state with reproductive rights for viruses like but not for women”

At least there is now an injunction against the new law, but it is an incredible government overreach that is solely about oppression of women rather than concerns surrounding abortion.

That’s a great summary. It’s honestly not hard to see the Texas administration on the same spectrum as the Taliban, coming for women’s rights. 

• Like 6

I was reading something earlier (paraphrased) that said make no mistake the wives, daughters and mistresses of the rich white men who push these laws will always be able to access safe abortion. This is purely about keeping women of lower socioeconomic backgrounds in poverty and never rising above that.

I am so fucking angry about it, so angry that mostly men get to tell women what to do with the uteruses. 

The fact that Uber and other ride share companies have come out and said they will pay if any driver is sued. How messed up is it that it’s on the damn driver to police what someone chooses to do once they leave the car!! 

• Like 4
  • Angry 4

14 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

Except they could never see themselves that way even though much of their behaviour is similar.  

What’s that proverb, “A man cannot see his own chin.” But yeah, it’s ironic times in the land of the free.

• Like 2

Vanilla Isis, Y’all Quada…

Yeah, it’s all about keeping us in our “place”. The wives and daughters of the men in power know what’s hanging over their heads if they leave or if they rock the boat.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Advertisement