• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pnut

• LunaFreya

• Ernegirl

• purplekitty

The US Supreme Court has ruled that Trumps tax returns can be scrutinized.

That ruling required the former president’s accounting firm, Mazars USA, to comply with a subpoena compelling it to turn over eight years of Mr Trump’s tax records to a grand jury convened by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance. Mr Vance’s office has been investigating Mr Trump’s company, the Trump Organisation, for evidence of financial crimes. Today the Supreme Court, which has a 6-3 conservative majority, rejected Mr Trump’s request without comment and with no noted dissents. “The application for a stay presented to Justice Breyer and referred to the court is denied,” its one-sentence order declared.

And the man is STILL gaslighting:

“These are attacks by Democrats willing to do anything to stop the almost 75 million people (the most votes, by far, ever gotten by a sitting president) who voted for me in the election – an election which many people, and experts, feel that I won. I agree!

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/supreme-court-rejects-donald-trumps-effort-to-conceal-tax-records-from-prosecutors/news-story/8275a833af66da8fa497355925d5353a

Three of the 9 Supreme Court Justices were appointed by Trump and, overall, 6 of the 9 were appointed by Republicans (Bush Sr, and Bush Jr.). So his "this is a witchhunt by the Democrats" holds no water.

I'm just glad to see the 'conservative' judges do their jobs, which I figured they would.

I find the almost declared partisanship of US judges pretty abhorrent although at least they have it out in the open (I'm sure there is some level of this here too, just not as bad).

But I absolutely love it when politicians appoint people and then find the politicians find the appointee doesn't do what they want.

I'm just glad to see the 'conservative' judges do their jobs, which I figured they would.

I find the almost declared partisanship of US judges pretty abhorrent although at least they have it out in the open (I'm sure there is some level of this here too, just not as bad).

But I absolutely love it when politicians appoint people and then find the politicians find the appointee doesn't do what they want.

Apart from when it was Sir John Kerr.

I'm not sure if you are tongue in cheek on that one or not.....

Sir John Kerr came to mind as I wrote this post. I do love that he stood up to Gough Whitlam and that the government didn't get their way through a political appointee. Whether what he did was wrong or right will always be a matter of debate. I've heard numerous arguments on both sides and I can never decide. I could never be a judge.

I know someone who worked with Trump when he did The Apprentice. (He works in film). Not that this should come as a surprise to anyone, but he said Trump is exactly how he comes across. He said it was an absolute nightmare working for him. When he was telling me this he had a look of horror on his face like he was still traumatised by the experience.

I like to challenge myself to express my disdain for him without using swear words. So here goes...

He's a scrotal sack full of pus and weevils and I hate his festering guts.

Yes, I think that covers it for now.

I don't really swear all that much, but I utter an expletive EVERY time I read/hear what that man has to say.

He’s a grifter to the end.

Note: not directing them to the Republican Party.

Still possible to set up his own.

I hope he does start his own party. It would be interesting to see just how much real support he actually has. The Republicans paying him lip-service would be forced to make a choice then.

I hope he does start his own party. It would be interesting to see just how much real support he actually has. The Republicans paying him lip-service would be forced to make a choice then.

Careful what you wish for.

Mary Trump predicted in a Sunday appearance on MSNBC that her uncle won’t run again but might continue to allude to it to solicit funding.

“I imagine a reality in which he pretends to [run],” she said. “We have to understand Donald’s made more money in the past few months raising money to fight for the ‘big lie’ or set himself up going forward than he ever has legitimately in any other endeavour.”

“I don’t think he would ever put himself in a position again to lose,” she added.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/mary-trump-cpac-trolling_au_603cddcac5b617a7e40f46f5

• 2 weeks later...
Advertisement