IGNORED

Australian Politics

Bethlehem

We’re going to hear from the alleged rapist and his defamation lawyer tomorrow morning so all of the speculation can be confirmed (I mean - alleged!)

Some very clever clues on Twitter still - if you can’t wait.

Suffice it to say, I know who it is and I guessed them as my first guess. The point is that this Government is helping to reaffirm what many of us knew - Parliament is a cesspit, especially in regards to sexual harassment and assault and most of the males wouldn’t have it any other way....and we’ve had to put up with it for far too long sadly.

Much like minority rights and climate change,

I really hope that it is changing but on sad days like today I’m really not sure anything’s changing.....

I hope her full letter is released once he is officially named. Not for the sordid details, but I reckon it will help make it more real and thus believable in many peoples eyes.

Interesting how Linda Reynolds got thrown under the bus for her mis-steps in dealing with the aftermath of an (alleged) rape, yet the male cabinet minister who actually (allegedly) raped someone seems to have the prime ministers full support.

Yet another example of different standards for different sexes?

Why didn't they take a statement by Zoom given the serious nature of the crime and the prominence of the alleged perpetrator? Or was it the prominence of the alleged perpetrator that explains why they didn't even attempt to take a statement?

vhttps://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/03/adf-chief-criticised-for-advising-cadets-against-going-out-alone-while-attractive-to-avoid-sexual-predators

Another round of victim blaming. Shouldn't we be telling young men to avoid alcohol, being out late, leaving the security of their friends and above all wearing the sort of clothing that leads them to expect someone will want to sleep with them.

My predictions

- his wife will be with him

- he will acknowledge there was a relationship but swear black and blue that it was always consensual

- he will subtly and very tactfully refer to the victims 'state of mind' and infer that she made it all up, or changed her mind after the event

- he will express his deepest sympathies to the victim and her family. He might even cry a little

- he will face zero consequences

- within the next few weeks another few victims will come out of the woodwork. They will likewise be silenced.

nom_de_plume

My predictions

- he will acknowledge there was a relationship but swear black and blue that it was always consensual

- he will subtly and very tactfully refer to the victims 'state of mind' and infer that she made it all up, or changed her mind after the event

- he will express his deepest sympathies to the victim and her family. He might even cry a little

- within the next few weeks another few victims will come out of the woodwork. They will likewise be silenced.

My bold ... I agree with everything except I think his goose is cooked politically. May manage to limp to the next election (which will happen within the next 12 months) where he will stand down and another privileged, white male will win preselection.

My predictions

My bold ... I agree with everything except I think his goose is cooked politically. May manage to limp to the next election (which will happen within the next 12 months) where he will stand down and another privileged, white male will win preselection.

I think he's more likely to lose his seat because he supported Clive Palmer's court action against the WA government border closures than this.

I'm also sure he'll be shuffled around a bit and will end up with some cushy job in the public service or a private firm with close ties to the Liberal party.

Surely he has to step down as attorney general?

That would be like an admission of guilt.

And we know that this government is excellent at just brazenly not accepting consequences.

My predictions

I think he's more likely to lose his seat because he supported Clive Palmer's court action against the WA government border closures than this.

I'm also sure he'll be shuffled around a bit and will end up with some cushy job in the public service or a private firm with close ties to the Liberal party.

Back to the ipa?

Christian Porter has called a press conference at 3pm AEST ...

J

Well blow me over with a feather, so surprised,..

Aww poor poppet, he’s the true victim... *end sarcasm*

Also, tip to his press sec - you can’t deny allegations that you haven’t been given the details on.

LemonMyrtle

Gah, can’t watch this. Glad it’s school pick up time.

I guess that will be then end of it, after a day or two of newspaper articles.

Advertisement