Australian Politics

Vicbitt99
Subscriber

Awards

Melissa Price and Amanda Stoker to cabinet and Michaelia Cash to AG - this means there will be no progress on social issues because just because they are women, doesn’t mean they have a soul 🤬🤬🤬🤬
*Our obsession with racist attitudes can obscure the fact that racism is a system, devised to justify slavery, with a hierarchy that still defines the value of our lives today - that’s why you can be racist without being a racist” OluTimehin Adegbye,
egg

Awards

So the invisible women's minister will not be replaced cause she's doing such a great job.
Lees75
Subscriber

Awards

Linda Reynolds In charge of government services and NDIS.
Lisa
DS17 and DD14
LunaFreya

Awards

Why wasn’t she front and centre on this? I didn’t even know she existed
Jolly_F

Awards

Team Member

Good grief they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this reshuffle....
egg

Awards

LunaFreya wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:39 pm Why wasn’t she front and centre on this? I didn’t even know she existed
Because Liberal women who speak out on women's issues are considered toxic to the brand. Look at Julie Bishop famously claiming that she didn't find the label of 'feminist' useful.
Vicbitt99
Subscriber

Awards

egg wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm So the invisible women's minister will not be replaced cause she's doing such a great job.
@egg she will become the ‘Prime Minister of Women’ - this way Scotty won’t have to bovva with all the complaining wimmen I guess?

🤬🤬🤬🤬
*Our obsession with racist attitudes can obscure the fact that racism is a system, devised to justify slavery, with a hierarchy that still defines the value of our lives today - that’s why you can be racist without being a racist” OluTimehin Adegbye,
egg

Awards

"He also announced a new cabinet taskforce on women’s equality, safety, economic security, health and wellbeing. The taskforce will be co-chaired by Mr Morrison and the Minister for Women, Marise Payne, and will include all women from the ministry as well as Treasurer Josh Frydenberg and Finance Minister Simon Birmingham."

Oooh a task force. Bet they do something really useful like produce a report that will be released just before a public holiday weekend and out of a list of 100 odd recommendations 2 may actually be enacted.
caitiri

Awards

I heard a quick sound bite of SM on the radio earlier. I think he needs a better writer as I’m sure I heard him say something about learning to live with women, my first thought WTF are we covid?
Ernegirl

Awards

Parliament mobile phone ban - how's it going?

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-03- ... /100036294
Be first in a wood and last in a bog.
LemonMyrtle

Awards

Ernegirl wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:54 am Parliament mobile phone ban - how's it going?

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-03- ... /100036294
Oh for gods sake. Can’t these guys keep their private lives separate to their work lives?? I know question time is boring, but take up knitting or something. Play Tetris.

Oh, and don’t assault women. Simples. Although that’s going to be a hard one to prove due to the woman’s occupation. Poor thing, it would be a hard job to do and also protect yourself.
rewritethestars

Awards

So pleased to have someone who called a rape victim ‘lying cow’ in charge of a program for some of the county’s most vulnerable.
The whole thing is a mess.
purplekitty

Awards

Each day the bar sinks lower.
What Circle of hell have we sunk to now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-30/ ... /100036294
Daniel Patrick Moynihan — 'You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.'
egg

Awards

purplekitty wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:10 pm Each day the bar sinks lower.
That sounds like a challenge. One that I can accept .......
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 57evv.html

Oh yes, we can go so much lower.
RomeoVoid

Awards

egg wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:50 pm
purplekitty wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:10 pm Each day the bar sinks lower.
That sounds like a challenge. One that I can accept .......
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 57evv.html

Oh yes, we can go so much lower.
What I'd like to know is why a woman making a bad joke is front page news, but men behaving like depraved predators was covered up for years...and is STILL attempting to be covered up. This is another example of double standards. Why is something that was said in a closed door meeting *instantly* leaked?
purplekitty

Awards

Daniel Patrick Moynihan — 'You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.'
Chic n Stu

Awards

This perfectly distills my absolute fury at the LNP and Murdoch press, and utter bewilderment at my fellow voters making noises about politics not mattering or like whatever. Fuck yourself, everything could be so much better for everyone if you only pulled your head out of your arse.
purplekitty

Awards

LunaFreya

Awards

And I will let my relatives know the consequences of voting Liberal 😡😡😐
Anne Bonny
Subscriber

Awards

Laming. So now we're up to 3 different types of criminal activity. We have the stalking, then we have the upskirting and now we have blatant breaches of AEC rules for political advertising.

There will of course be no consequence because as we've seen, the law does not apply to white men with money and power. Who would have ever thought it was those in wealthy suburbs who have to live in virtual police "no go" zones where the rule of law doesn't apply? But here we are.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -opponents
"A world where they're the civilized ones and we're the savages is a world I'm never gonna f*ckin' understand".
Anne Bonny, Black Sails
SillyDuff

Awards

Anne Bonny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:44 am Laming. So now we're up to 3 different types of criminal activity. We have the stalking, then we have the upskirting and now we have blatant breaches of AEC rules for political advertising.

There will of course be no consequence because as we've seen, the law does not apply to white men with money and power. Who would have ever thought it was those in wealthy suburbs who have to live in virtual police "no go" zones where the rule of law doesn't apply? But here we are.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -opponents
It's so depressing, how did we go from the politicians couldn't say the wrong thing without change (well maybe not that much) to know nothing seems to hurt them.

I am hoping the 90 % anger I see how there is enough to get rid of them at election!
purplekitty

Awards

Hey Smirko and NSW Police,we are all still watching and are incandescent with rage.

LemonMyrtle

Awards

Oh for gods sake. A 7:15 press conference?? This can’t be good. Anyone know what it’s about?
LemonMyrtle

Awards

Argh, vaccines. Anyone under 50, it’s now recommended they don’t get the AZ vaccine.
This is going to really really lengthen the vaccination process since we cant make the other ones here.
Annoying.
purplekitty

Awards