• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pnut

• LunaFreya

• Ernegirl

• purplekitty

I will never make apologies for Giuliani, but the repose the Borat movie seems totally over the top. It’s not the sort of entrapment you’d expect of Sacha Baron-Cohen.

There is so much other really bad stuff that Trump and Giuliani have gotten away with to date - this seems like a sideshow only.

Yay, this was one of my favourite threads on EB. Never posted but read it all, and learnt so much.

Glad to see Obama on the campaign trail. And for having a go at Fox for not calling out Trump for his Chinese bank account.

Yay, this was one of my favourite threads on EB. Never posted but read it all, and learnt so much.

Glad to see Obama on the campaign trail. And for having a go at Fox for not calling out Trump for his Chinese bank account.

Beijing Barry :lol:

Lady Sybil Vimes

Obama's just so good at speeches. He can even make talking to a drive-in rally seem inspiring.

Rudy Giuliani is such a vicious toad. Happy to see him have a day of being laughing stock.

The other day I read an opinion piece regarding the idea of muting the microphones at the next debate. The write suggested that's handing a win to Trump because the TV audience wont hear his interruptions, Biden and the moderator will. So Trump can derail both of them in a way that won't be obvious to those of us watching at home. It'll just look like Biden's getting flustered for no apparent reason.

I can't say I disagree with that. The first one was a shitshow, but it did hurt Trump. The debate is an opportunity to sink or swim; maybe Trump should be allowed to shoot himself in the foot some more.

Thoughts?

The other day I read an opinion piece regarding the idea of muting the microphones at the next debate. The write suggested that's handing a win to Trump because the TV audience wont hear his interruptions, Biden and the moderator will. So Trump can derail both of them in a way that won't be obvious to those of us watching at home. It'll just look like Biden's getting flustered for no apparent reason.

I can't say I disagree with that. The first one was a shitshow, but it did hurt Trump. The debate is an opportunity to sink or swim; maybe Trump should be allowed to shoot himself in the foot some more.

Thoughts?

I think this is a very real possibility, Trump does get Biden flustered so people could seize on the incoherent Biden narrative.

I thought Trump would be a shitshow when he got elected but looking back, I can’t believe how much worse he actually has been!

I’m also very glad the thread is starting up here,

I learn so much from the discussions!

Thoughts?

I think this is a very real possibility, Trump does get Biden flustered so people could seize on the incoherent Biden narrative.

I thought Trump would be a shitshow when he got elected but looking back, I can’t believe how much worse he actually has been!

I’m also very glad the thread is starting up here,

I learn so much from the discussions!

You could be onto something. I truly think the only thing that got Trump over the line (well, apart from the Russians) was the fact that they took away his access to Twitter for the last few weeks last go around.

The microphone muting is for each candidate’s two minutes at the beginning of each 15 minute section.

Hopefully plenty of time for Trumps form as a bully to come to the fore again.

That's some fancy nested quotes there Sancti. :mrgreen:

ha ha - necessity breeds invention - when you hit quote it immediately takes you to put your response in - and then I noticed someone else did it with two so...

The microphone muting is for each candidate’s two minutes at the beginning of each 15 minute section.

Yeah, there's the 4 minute free-for-all after. One can only hope.

Personally I'd find it really hard to string several coherent sentences together with someone ranting at me across the stage at the same time.

I would expect Biden would have some practice runs giving a speech with his staffers ranting at him. I would expect that he would be able to have his say and ignore the orange one come the time.

MerryMadigralMadge

This is court packing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/trump-judicial-nominee-unqualified-kathryn-kimball-mizelle_n_5f91aa90c5b61c185f48092d?ri18n=true&ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted Thursday to advance the lifetime federal judgeship nomination of Kathryn Kimball Mizelle, who earned an embarrassing “not qualified” rating from the American Bar Association.

Mizelle, 33, earned the ABA’s not qualified rating because of her lack of experience. She doesn’t meet the ABA’s requirement that a nominee to a lifetime federal judgeship have at least 12 years of experience practicing law. Mizelle has only been practicing law since 2012, which the ABA notes is “a rather marked departure” from its standard.

-------------------------------

And this is interesting - EU has been making noises about tariffs on countries who do not address climate change (hello Australia) but this is a whole other level of enforcing green economics.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/21/french-government-blocks-lng-deal-431028

The French government stepped in to force a domestic company to delay signing a potential $7 billion deal with a U.S. liquefied natural gas company last month over concerns that its U.S. shale gas was too dirty, two people familiar with the situation told POLITICO.

The incident was first reported by a French news site but independently confirmed to POLITICO by two people with direct knowledge. The delay highlights a growing concern among some U.S. natural gas exporters that the regulatory rollbacks pushed by the Trump administration, especially those easing Obama-era limits on the potent greenhouse gas methane, plus the industry's overall failure to rein in emissions, are making it more difficult to sell their product overseas as a cleaner alternative to oil or coal.

Obama's just so good at speeches. He can even make talking to a drive-in rally seem inspiring.

Rudy Giuliani is such a vicious toad. Happy to see him have a day of being laughing stock.

Me too.

If it is this easy to get him in a compromising position imagine how easy it is for a foreign power.

Russia has no end of experience with honeypots.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump and his slimy compatriots have very nasty skeletons in their closets, and they probably indulged in the same circles,and Russia and other countries know all about it.

We're closing in on the election and Rudy Giuliani is loosening his pants, let's get cracking on the US Political Discussion.

I feel compelled to point out that this introduction is perfect.

I watched the debate earlier today. It was a fizzer but I think Biden came out best. The moderator did a great job.

I find Biden’s persistence through his stutter endearing. It’s a shame that Trump uses Biden’s stutter against him. Saying that Biden sounds like he’s senile because of the stutter is pretty despicable but not unexpected from Trump and his supporters. .

So, here's my take on the two debates: During the first one, he was talking to / reaching out his hardcore followers by steamrolling over Biden and the moderator. They want that – fuck the liberals. Last night's debate performance was for the undecideds where he presented a more tempered Trump (yes, mics were muted but he also didn't interrupt much when the mics were open). Hey, what's everyone talking about? Trump's not a bully, he let Biden talk. Notice in last night's debate he also didn't steamroll over the moderator (a woman of colour). He was mostly coherent, too.

(edited to fix typos)

MerryMadigralMadge

Great to see - voting numbers in the 18-29 age bracket are ridicioulously smashing the last election numbers, and there's still over a week to go.....

Oh thank dog. I thought I would be experiencing this roller coaster on my own!

Yet another tropical storm / hurricane is forming in the gulf of Mexico. This will equal the record for most named storms in a season, yet barely anything has been made of this during the debates.

Advertisement