IGNORED

Research into the impact of COVID-19 on small businesses

Rosepickles

Hello all,

I'm currently undertaking research which investigates the impact of COVID-19 on small businesses (I'm an academic at an Australian University).

As per the below, please feel free to PM me, or contact me via email if you're interested in participating in an interview or would like to know more.

This request has been approved by admin. Please see Chaotic Pogo's post below for details of the research - Zeppelina

Edited by Rosepickles

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosepickles

• Rosie28

• Seayork2002

• Oriental lily

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping my thread in hopes of finding some interested participants :)

If it was an online thing I would happily do it. But to ask someone to take 60 - 90 minutes outside of work time to do a zoom or phone questionnaire? That's a big ask, especially for small business owners who are usually trying to do their own work after hours.

I am employee in a small business, we have had to change a couple of things over the last year ie period of work from home (I am in NSW) and we have more electronic meetings than physical ones.

That is it really not much has changed enough for me to be able to add anything to this research

The University of Newcastle is conducting a research project - Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on key stakeholders in the small business ecosystem.

They are seeking employees of small business (less than 20 employees) to be interviewed (includes phone/Zoom). Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes and will ask questions about your personal experiences of being an employee during COVID-19. Participants will receive a $20 gift card.

The Information Statement and Consent form can be accessed here: https://bit.ly/Employee_Digital and you can also email Dr Courtney Molloy Courtney.Molloy@newcastle.edu.au if you have questions or would like more information.

This project has been approved by the University’s Human Research Ethics Committee, Approval No. H-

2020-0228. Should you have concerns about your rights as a participant in this research, or you have a complaint about the manner in which the research is conducted, it may be given to the researcher, or, if an independent person is preferred, to the Human Research Ethics Officer, Research Services, NIER Precinct, The University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308, Australia, telephone (02)

4921 6333, email Human-Ethics@newcastle.edu.au.

Is this supposed to read "of being an EMPLOYER during COVID"?

I am employee in a small business, we have had to change a couple of things over the last year ie period of work from home (I am in NSW) and we have more electronic meetings than physical ones.

That is it really not much has changed enough for me to be able to add anything to this research

Thanks for responding Seayork. We're speaking to individuals who have had a broad range of experiences, asking questions about not just what changed for you at work, but how your team did/did not act as a support, the role the owner played in your experience, whether you were unsure about the continuity of your work.

Oriental lily

I have a bit of ' survivor guilt' we ended up having one of our busiest years ever due to the sheer fortune of having our business 4km on the right side of the 'ring of steel' that allowed our shop front to be open when so many similar businesses had to close for many months. The pain of this disaster gas deffinetly not been shared evenly. Be free to pm me if you want to hear our experience.

Hi Rosie,

We're currently wanting to speak to EMPLOYEES. The research has included employers and also key intermediaries (bookkeepers, accountants etc.). At the moment, we are focused on employees.

Thanks,

Courtney

The University of Newcastle is conducting a research project - Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on key stakeholders in the small business ecosystem.

They are seeking employees of small business (less than 20 employees) to be interviewed (includes phone/Zoom). Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes and will ask questions about your personal experiences of being an employee during COVID-19. Participants will receive a $20 gift card.

The Information Statement and Consent form can be accessed here: https://bit.ly/Employee_Digital and you can also email Dr Courtney Molloy Courtney.Molloy@newcastle.edu.au if you have questions or would like more information.

This project has been approved by the University’s Human Research Ethics Committee, Approval No. H-

2020-0228. Should you have concerns about your rights as a participant in this research, or you have a complaint about the manner in which the research is conducted, it may be given to the researcher, or, if an independent person is preferred, to the Human Research Ethics Officer, Research Services, NIER Precinct, The University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308, Australia, telephone (02)

4921 6333, email Human-Ethics@newcastle.edu.au.

Is this supposed to read "of being an EMPLOYER during COVID"?

Advertisement