IGNORED

WA election 2021

Fruitmincepies

Fruitmincepies

So, we have to vote on March 13th. Kirkup has already admitted he can’t win (seriously what sort of strategy is that?), but it’s still a serious business, especially as to any minor parties in the Legislative Council.

ABC has a quick run down of the various parties that might be useful to you (was for me) https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-05/who-are-all-these-parties-with-candidates-in-wa-election/13213512?nw=0&pfmredir=sm

Are you or have you voted early? There is expected to be a lot of early voting. I’m voting on Election Day at DD’s new school. They are having a sausage sizzle plus ice creams, a book stall, and a bouncy castle. It should be great!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fruitmincepies

• Fizgig

• egg

• xaos

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m also voting on Election Day.

Firstly because like you, my kids’ school will be having a sausage sizzle, cake stall, coffee van etc. It’s a good fundraiser for some improvements to the school for the kids.

And secondly because I like my kids seeing me vote, and explaining to them why it’s important etc 🤭😁

DD is a so excited about election day! She remembers the last one we went too, so we will be voting in person on the day. Last time we gave DD one if the how to vote cards and she shared my booth and "voted". We have explained about the different "teams" you can vote for to run the government.

I think Kirkup’s strategy is “f**k! Don’t let us get voted into oblivion!”. There’s a real danger of the Liberal party losing so many seats they can’t even be a credible opposition.

I’ll vote on the day at the little local primary school around the corner. May pick up an egg and bacon roll if I go early.

Of course I'm voting on the day - I love a good democracy sausage and cake stall!

DP has voted early and I'm so cross.

*and yes I am happily researching how to vote below the line, but wow there are some crazy people out there, seems like every former one nation candidate has started their own party based on varying degrees of racism, misogyny and environmental destruction.

Fruitmincepies

I’m a below the line voter, DH gets so impatient at how long it takes. There are so many parties that iWould like to put equal last :lol: I know the preferences don’t really matter after a point, but it’s the principle!

Fruitmincepies

Also what’s with the various parties (I think there were 2) who’s platform includes allowing silencers on guns for hunting? That seems like a really bad idea to me.

Ooh, I love voting below the line and getting my full democratic right. I'm not letting anyone else decide my preferences for me!! I do love quite deliberately putting a party last, but sometimes it is hard to choose as the smaller parties are uniformly awful.

Predictions? I would be so happy if my 'blue ribbon' seat of Churchlands went red - or green! All the old dears would have an apoplexy.

Will the Nationals have more seats than the Liberals? I don't know a lot about Mia Davies but I think she's done some feminist stuff and has a halfway enlightened attitude to climate change (for a National).

And how will the greens perform?

Just bumping this up in case anyone needs a reminder.

No democracy sausage at my polling place so we've scheduled a kebab order for dinner, lol.

Hopefully, it is the landslide they've been predicting. I voted Labor 1 in the House for the first time in years, Greens in the Senate (followed by Labor and then the quagmire of everyone else - I wish we could exhaust in the State elections like we can in Federal).

Fruitmincepies

I baked cupcakes (they looked fabulous and all sold, kitchen looks like a bomb went off - I’m not very practiced at piping icing :lol: ), and voted. DH got a sausage, the kids went on the bouncy castle. It was very social down at DD’s school and I met some people DH knows. I then got home and discovered I had icing on my face (not obvious luckily). So a fun morning had by all I think!

Fruitmincepies

I’m very interested to see if the liberal hold on the western suburbs is much diminished, the members for Cottesloe and Nedlands have been very conspicuous in their absence, especially Nedlands which has been having massive problems relating to planning decisions by state government.

pure shores

I am watching the coverage on ABC now and it is just crazy that they have already called it! The polls only closed 45 minutes ago.

I'm still haunted from the feeling I had during the Federal election when I thought Labor was going to win by a mile. Of course that didn't happen and I have been very wary of opinion polls since.

I voted at the polling place which is 100m from my house so there was no sausage sizzle or cake but there was no line (no one was there).

I like voting on the day, love the community feel at the local school. Bought a bacon & egg roll for DH and some sweet treats for the kids. Had to line up but only for a minute or two.

How cute did Mark look walking around with his parents.

Holding his Mum's hand - awwwwh

Secessionism could be a real possibility now he has even more power.

Go WA - they can lead the way for the rest of Aust to break away from the evil empire!

And the One nation vote collapsed.

One nation in WA?

I'm surprised they even had candidates.

I guess the strong border rhetoric would resonate with their followers.

Hi, following on from Victoria because I'm a bit of an election tragic.

Crazy that the Nats could become the opposition. Does anyone have an idea what would happen there?

Has it happened before? (Google might be my friend here)

Is there a chance that the Libs and Nats might consider a formal merger given how marginal their current positions are?

Advertisement