IGNORED

Where's Dan ?

MaryanneK

So, what do you think about the various rumours swirling about dan Andrews? Why has he been so invisible since his fall? One photo several weeks ago, no statements, nothing much from the govt on personal or political matters? I think the silence is very strange, from a man who fronted up to covid press conferences every single days for months.

The rumours I heard were that he had a fight (not a fall) and it was someone high influence, and his career is over if it ever gets out....that's why nothing has been said. What do you think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STBG 2

• TheGreenSheep

• MaryanneK

• Mooguru

Top Posters In This Topic

He is on leave to recover from a fall.

He posted recently on his socials that he is making progress and at 18 minutes for his daily walk.

He had a pretty serious accident, it’s going to take time. Stupid rumours don’t help someone who is recovering!!

Winter frost

I think that rumour is incorrect. I did hear another rumour about the incident but honestly i dont care.

Injuries to the spine are serious. Working 22 hours a day takes its toll on our body. I am presuming Dan was told focus on recovery and so he is doing just that

As an aside i saw a lot of individuals in govt last year age 10 plus years with the hours they were doing on covid. There is limit how lpng you can do that and maintain your health and relationships.

I think it will be interesting to see if dan ever pulls a steve bracks and just resigns for family reasons

Kiwi Bicycle

After having a husband recovering from setious back surgery twice, yes, Dan would need every bit of his 6 weeks recovery to be in any position to work in the way he was previously. Standing and laying down are his only options amd you can only sit for 20 minutes or so.

I thinks it's case of nature abhorring a vacuum. The victorian community has had 365 day a year access to "steadfast leader in dark times" and now he's not available. So people are filling in the blanks with stories in their own heads as a way to deal with feeling anxious about his abscence. Or that's my theory.

If it was anything but a fall the Murdoch press would have exposed that and nailed Dan... they hate the man. As if they would let anything be hidden to protect him and his career!!!

Phillipa Crawford

Yeah, my right wing SIL told me of the rumour of how the fall 'really' happened.

I looked it up and found that even 3AW were refuting it.

I just see someone with a serious injury listening to his doctors and wife.

Yes, he would need total rest to get back into shape. It’s a bit unusual for someone of his age to take such a serious fall and I wonder if exhaustion wore his body down physically. You could imagine a doctor yelling to pull back from work.

He broke his back falling down the stairs. Recovery takes time. Backs are shitty things to heal. I fell off a horse when I was 18 and buggered my back and it still gives me grief decades later. And I didn't even break anything.

When he returns I desperately hope he has had time to realise how desperately we need him in the federal arena. I don't agree with everything he's done, and I'm not some mindless Stan, but he's one of the few politicians in this country that I believe is worthy of a leadership role.

EFS

A rumour perpetuated by the same geniuses claiming people were getting free Covid funerals so doctors were falsely claiming Covid as cause of death. And every other load of crock I’ve heard these past 12 months.

TheGreenSheep

After having a husband recovering from setious back surgery twice, yes, Dan would need every bit of his 6 weeks recovery to be in any position to work in the way he was previously. Standing and laying down are his only options amd you can only sit for 20 minutes or so.

Same here. I actually don’t think 6wks is anywhere near long enough to be on his feet and taking back the reigns. I highly suspect it would be more like 3mths.

Some people really think zebras when they hear hooves don’t they?

He fell and has a spinal fracture. He’s recovering. I think it would be a miracle for it to only take 6 weeks, and it simply isn’t the most important part of his job to be on Facebook- he’s likely doing some work but behind the scenes.

He fell and has a spinal fracture. He’s recovering. I think it would be a miracle for it to only take 6 weeks, and it simply isn’t the most important part of his job to be on Facebook- he’s likely doing some work but behind the scenes.

Exactly. Plus, let’s all pause for a moment and think about the year he had BEFORE the fall - to say it was pretty full on would be an understatement....

Not Dan specific but there are a few ministers on extended sick leave at the moment. I was wondering how fitness for duty goes in politics. At what point does that come into play or is it just the next election?

Although I'd imagine it'd be hard to find a doctor to perform a workplace medical who would have no conflict of interest when assessing the premier of their own state.

magic_marker

Any story may appear more interesting than slipping on stairs.

He's recuperating. Dan is a very tall man. He would have fallen hard.

Lisa Neville’s Crohn’s disease is something she’s had and managed for years- wouldn’t be fair to say prior to now that she wasn’t medically fit for the role.

And Dan Andrews reason for absence was a random injury, not something anyone could anticipate.

I think these absences are exactly why we have sick leave entitlements.

Exactly. Plus, let’s all pause for a moment and think about the year he had BEFORE the fall - to say it was pretty full on would be an understatement....

Can you imagine living his life for the last year- I’d have fallen over from exhaustion...

I never hear these rumours! My dad was in hospital for 3 months with a fractured spine. I can't remember, but I imagine there was quite a bit of pain relief too. I'm not at all surprised we haven't heard much from him. I hope he is focussing on his recovery.

I agree with PPs. He will be taking the time to recover from not just the back injury but the mental stress from last year. I don't believe those rumours. They are a pretty straight up family from what I can tell (know them a little from kid stuff)

Advertisement