• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImperatorFuriosa

• Lurker

• Purpleblaze

• El Segundo

Top Posters In This Topic

VeritasVinumArte

I must assume I am/was dog ugly or have repressed everything, as I was a DD bust by grade 6, so early bloomer, but no memories of being leered at or inappropriate comments.

ETA my niece was out with her mum for a high tea when the waiter offered my 12yo niece alcohol..... SIL refused as she is underage.... he could no believe she was 12. Hearing that story was very disturbing.

ImperatorFuriosa

I was an ugly kid & a late bloomer so I never had boys commenting on my looks or shit like that. My issue was guys & men randomly flashing their dicks at me whilst going about my day...

Vile pieces of shit, I wish I owned a taser!

Reading this story makes me want to tase that guy in the groin.

I don't reckon it's got anything to do with being pretty; it's all about power. Gross men and boys in packs that want to put women and girls in their place. If you didn't get harassed as a kid it doesn't mean you were ugly; it just means you were lucky not to encounter as many gross men.

I agree Lurker. I went through a very plain and awkward phase in my teens but used to get sexual remarks. Then my boobs grew and it got even worse. I was regularly leered at by middle aged men when I started working full time at 17. It was revolting.

Thankfully I never had any man show me his dick, I remember lots of wolf whistles etc.

I hate the thought of girls being told by their mothers or fathers that it's ok they just think you are pretty, ugh.

My DD14 at the time had gone for a walk with her friend, a car driving past stopped and the two assholes inside just stared at them up and down, they froze for a minute and then walked away very quickly. I told her next time to call 000, if she ever feels unsafe for whatever reason to call them and then call me!

nom_de_plume

In high school I used to have to walk home from the bus stop along a busy road and it was common for blokes (often in groups) to whistle and catcall as they drove past. It still happens occasionally when i'm out for a walk. Fortunately that's the worst that happened to me.

In high school I used to have to walk home from the bus stop along a busy road and it was common for blokes (often in groups) to whistle and catcall as they drove past. It still happens occasionally when i'm out for a walk. Fortunately that's the worst that happened to me.

I can remember being catcalled from a car, walking home in my primary school uniform. Never walked that way home again and preferred to take the long way that avoided busy roads.

HypnicJerk

I was out walking my dog when I passed a kid from my year at school with his mate. He said "You can see your nipples through your shirt". I didn't have a comeback.

I get that now sometimes if they see me from behind. I'm not that hot, but an arse is an arse. You can see the horror in their faces when they pass by me and think "oh fuck she's old"

ImperatorFuriosa

I remember being on the school bus at 11, and some hideous boy from the local private school asked if he could finger me.

Holy shit, that's vile.

A letter to elise

The harassment for started when I was in year 9. I was about 13. 18 year olds in year 12 used to throw water over me, so my clothes would stick to me. Men my dads age would harass me while I was at the shops. Cars full of guys would yell out disgusting comments.

It started quite suddenly. I grew 25cm and 4 cup sizes in a few months. I went from looking like a child, to looking a lot older, and I was so unprepared for it. I wanted boys to like me, or think I was pretty, but not like that. I’d never even kissed a boy, and I had grown men asking for titty fucks on the street.

Anne Bonny

Just in terms of public harassment under the age of 13:

There was a flasher that came onto my primary school grounds in the treed section where the girls used to play but we were in a group and pelted him with pine cones. Grade 4 -so 9 year olds.

Then there was the flasher in the park who wanked at me and my aunty when walking through, she abused him with "I've seen better on a dog".

Then there was the guy who trapped me beside the window of the bus when I was 12 and decided to stroke my leg. I pressed that bell so fast and went into a random backyard acting like it was my house and took 2 hours to walk home.

Next day same creep gets on the bus, sees me, traps me again. I never wanted so badly to be a rude cow and put my school bag on the seat but in those days you'd be kicked off the bus quick smart if you did it.. He tried the same thing but this time I grabbed his hand off my lap and said loud enough half the bus heard "Move it or lose it"

But men were laughing like I was hilariously outrageous, not like there was a creeper on the bus.

Then when going on the paper run I had, there was ( yet another) carload of yahoos that did the usual catcalling from their car, except they slowed down and opened the door which scared the stuffing out of me so I hit the toe and lost half my papers jumping over random fences to get away as they laughed.

All of these were 13 or under. I was not conventionally attractive or even developed. I was freaking Olive Oyl, all skinny elbows and knees, not a boob or hip in sight.

My overall impression of that behaviour is that it's not about them being attracted to you, It's about them wanting to see you scared and disgusted. Which is why it's so scary. You're not people, you're prey.

hmmm... lots of "flashers" around when i was a young teen. I remember one guy drove his car by the bus I was traveling in with just girls from the grade (high school). so he could wank off in front of us.

Edited by katpaws

StillFreddiesMum

Can we just give ALL the girls / females / women out there a taser each and be done with it? If a male ever does anything revolting like the PPs have mentioned - we just taser them until they are in agony on the ground. I tell you what - as a Mum of 2 teenage girls I am damn tempted to get them a taser (even though I know it's against the law).

ImperatorFuriosa

One time when I was 18 I was waiting at at bus stop on a busy main road during broad daylight and a guy sat down and got his wang out. I was looking the other way and I think he said "hey, hey" and I turned and there he was with his pants open and a stupid grin on his face. Grosssss. I dunno what I was thinking but my first reaction was to punch him in the groin. lmao While he was rolling around in pain I took off down the road back home.

Purpleblaze

I remember being on the school bus at 11, and some hideous boy from the local private school asked if he could finger me.

That's disgusting. Did you ask him if you could kick him in the fucking balls???

ImperatorFuriosa

This happened to me last Thursday.

I wrote it in the venting in response to another posters child being bullied in Yr 7.

I c&p.

I had a guy in the park around lunch time threaten to punch me in the face!

He came at me & was that close I could smell his smokers breath!

Now for anyone that knows me, would know I'm barely 5ft tall, I weigh 55kgs & wear glasses. He could've sent me into next week (if he wanted to) but fuck that shit, I stood up to him & screamed right back...

YOU DON'T SCARE ME, DICK HEAD --- FUCK OFF!!!

And he did, he backed off!

Fuck some men, I swear!

Were you just hanging out and he came up to you?

And these stories are why I'm scared to let DD catch a bus home when she starts high school. Because I know, even at 'good' catholic schools these things happen.

Sancti-claws

I remember being creeped when I was very young (not even at school) when a TV repairman mentioned to my father that my sister and I were future Miss Australia material.

A. We weren't. B. Why would you even say that?

It taught me that there are people out there whose ONLY measure of anybody's worth was their ability to attract - and it made me feel very ill.

My dad just looked at him like he had 2 heads. I think it set him back on his heels also.

And these stories are why I'm scared to let DD catch a bus home when she starts high school. Because I know, even at 'good' catholic schools these things happen.

I can understand that fear. But mums aren't with us all our lives to drive us home (nor should they be). We take PT home from uni, work, nights out, friends houses, everything, for decades. Most of the time we're fine.

FeralGiggleasaurus

I remember being on the ferry going to the "Rocks" in Sydney with my mum...maybe 9/10 yrs old. It was hot and I was wearing a dress with spaghetti straps. We stopped to buy me a t-shirt as grown men keep trying to "covertly" look down my tops.......

Welcome to having boobs.

Advertisement