As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to ALL of our forums. ×
IGNORED

Australian Politics

Bethlehem

[mention]Jolly_F[/mention] Yeah I know, the writing has been on the wall for a while. Independent assessments will see my kid likely kicked off the scheme and as they have driven the prices up to ridiculous unaffordable rates, it will be back to me to do what I can with limited funds and despair about future independence. Also it's likely to drive the clinical services that finally arrived in out town back out of town because they can't afford to stay. So once again rural and remote areas suck for PWD.

LemonMyrtle

I have no idea what inquiry Christine holgate is talking to, but bravo to her for telling it like it is. It’s so hard for women to stand up for themselves like that. I hope others copy her example.

I actually thought at the time the gifts weren’t that bad. It’s tricky cause it’s Australia post. In a private company it wouldn’t have raised an eyebrow though. forcing her out was unfair and likely political.

This just makes me want to cry. Leaked documents about the formation of a task force to cut NDIS spending and participant rate. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/13/ndis-cost-cutting-taskforce-told-to-reduce-growth-in-participants-and-spending

But do we hear anything about it, or any uproar? Only people I see who care about this crap is those that will be effected by it.

It's horrendous and I wanted to reassure you that as some one who is personally unaffected by NDIS, I am horrified at the attempts to gut it and am discussing it with friends and family who so far all feel the same.

I love watching those who think they’re untouchable getting called out. We’re witnessing a real shift in power.

You think it will make any difference come election time? I suspect not.

Maybe. Will depend on Labor to some extent.

purplekitty

I'm not up with the NDIS details but if the Feds are outsourcing assessments and privatising services like they have with Aged Care it will be a nightmare and is designed to make support hard to access and to spend less money while siphoning it off for profit.

I want to know why Jodi Mackay still thinks mining resources is great for the Hunter New England region?

The health outcomes alone are terrible for that area of the state. It would be so much better for the planet to invest in a plan to retrain workers and start on renewables.

And the wine anda thoroughbred industries are greatly disadvantaged and how many do they employ?

I don’t like Albos personality (this one blows me away, seriously Scotty is better?!) - instead of voting for the future of the country!!!

I'm pretty annoyed that the public seems to think Australia is a presidency. A government even if we like to refer to it as Scomo's gov is more than one man.

I don’t like Albos personality (this one blows me away, seriously Scotty is better?!) - instead of voting for the future of the country!!!

I'm pretty annoyed that the public seems to think Australia is a presidency. A government even if we like to refer to it as Scomo's gov is more than one man.

This.

I wish in general people would start seeing personal traits like charisma with a bit of side eye. Have a second look to see if the charismatic person has other red flags like shifting responsibility onto others, obfuscating the truth and triangulating sections of the population against one another,. Most of the worst atrocities in history were committed by people high in charisma.

Scomo is one of the least charismatic people we have had leading the country. He does have the red flags mentioned above but does not have charisma.

purplekitty

He is charismatic apparently to the 'blokes who might have a chance of voting Labor'.

That's why he jumps into the high vis vest and gets out amongst them and lifts an ale at every last sporting event he can attend.

He is charismatic apparently to the 'blokes who might have a chance of voting Labor'.

That's why he jumps into the high vis vest and gets out amongst them and lifts an ale at every last sporting event he can attend.

He ain't no Bob Hawke that's for sure.

purplekitty

[

He ain't no Bob Hawke that's for sure.

#scottyfrommarketing is such a hollow,insincere charlatan.

I don't see how people are so gullible.

EFS.

He's like Trump, water off a ducks back. He doesn't care that he's a clown on the international stage as long as he doesn't piss off his idiot coal loving buddies back home who keep adding to the war chest. Not to mention that we keep voting the fucker back in, and he still seems just as popular as ever, so he has no need or incentive to change.

He's like Trump, water off a ducks back. He doesn't care that he's a clown on the international stage as long as he doesn't piss off his idiot coal loving buddies back home who keep adding to the war chest. Not to mention that we keep voting the fucker back in, and he still seems just as popular as ever, so he has no need or incentive to change.

I think ScoMO is the very epitome of why people don't trust politicians. Over promise, underdeliver. Disappear in a crisis. Downplay the crisis. Claim credit for the successes of the people. Tell people their fears are ridiculous. Blow off corruption within your own clan, whilst over-reacting to corruption outside of your circle. Laud your failures as successes.

I think ScoMO is the very epitome of why people don't trust politicians. Over promise, underdeliver. Disappear in a crisis. Downplay the crisis. Claim credit for the successes of the people. Tell people their fears are ridiculous. Blow off corruption within your own clan, whilst over-reacting to corruption outside of your circle. Laud your failures as successes.

In the 7am podcast, they were talking about how he’s stuffed up the vaccine because he avoids the hard/inconvenient stuff like quarantine and imposing an actual climate change policy and try to take the credit where for the good, like the admin of vaccine through gps and the fact that due to the states and corporate limits, we can see our impacts changing.

Guest Chic n Stu

... and vote for him and his merry band of miscreants anyway :(

Did laugh at a comment on Reddit earlier about our PM being left on mute for a minute while discussing climate change with more mature countries at the summit. "Wait, that was an option?"

So Craig Kelly’s page on Facebook has been removed because of Covid Misinformation. I wish I could see his face.

Also this feels is wrong on so many levels:

“I’ve been in evacuation centres where people thought I was just giving someone a hug and I was praying, and putting my hands on people … laying hands on them and praying in various situations,”

ImperatorFuriosa

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/26/scott-morrison-tells-christian-conference-he-was-called-to-do-gods-work-as-prime-minister

🤮 No, no,no,no,no!

You are not blessed and being PM is not doing gods work! And where is the uproar at you using your private PM jet to speak at this event?

Ugh, scomo needs a high 5 to the head with a steel cap boot. 🤦‍♀️🤡💩

Advertisement