IGNORED

Anatomist discovers the true female anatomy

ReflectiveSky

ReflectiveSky

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/nov/01/the-sole-function-of-the-clitoris-is-female-orgasm-is-that-why-its-ignored-by-medical-science

I think this needs to be widely shared and normalised. Centuries of anatomists have missed figuring out the true structure of the clitoris until now. I'm really surprised as it shows an extraordinary lack of scientific rigour throughout the ages. :roll:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReflectiveSky

• gatheringpieces

• Murderino

• Romeo Void

Top Posters In This Topic

ReflectiveSky

I am so proud to see that it was an Australian urologist from Melbourne that worked it out though. Centuries of dissection and discussion of penile structures and every other miniscule bit of the body - and to have missed this! It's mind-boggling.

Thanks, always happy to see female anatomy taken seriously!

You all might like to check out this lovely lady on Twitter who is on a crusade to get medical textbooks updated with correct clitoral anatomy:

She does have some mild criticism of the Guardian article also.

• 1 month later...

I am surprised about this. This was part of the standard female anatomy lesson as a student decades ago. It certainly was not a topic avoided and the clitoris was always referred to as the female version of the penis in terms of sexual pleasure. Many of these anatomy lessons were given by male gynaecologists or urologists.

I am talking mid 70s here.

I must go check my texts from the times.

Advertisement