IGNORED

Craig Kelly and Tania Plibersek

MoukMouk

I knew that, but I forgot because well...

TBH I couldn't remember exactly what it was & had to Google it, but I knew there was some skeleton that gets brought up all the time & it's "why" Tanya is not/will not be leader of the ALP.

Gladys got away with having a dodgy (ex-) boyfriend ... could Tanya get away with having a reformed partner? I can imagine a really nasty campaign with it. I think she'd have to replace a sitting PM rather than go through that first.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Bethlehem

• LunaFreya

• RynandStompy

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I view her calm restraint in the face of aggro behaviour as a POSITIVE thing. As do many members here.

Disappointingly, there's a subset in our population that sees this display as him giving her a good telling off and her stoicly accepting it.

Basically they think aggro aggro is how politics should be, and anyone who doesn't act like that is weak. Eg Michaela Cash too, and of course Scott Morrison in several photos and video clips. And Barnaby in his vids.

Why have we as a society accepted lack of civility in politics as a normalised aspiration? Why does the Aus public accept hectoring, sledging and shouting as normal politics?

I'm concerned that until society pushes back on what 'winning behaviour' looks like, these bully politicians will continue to win e elections. It's toxic.

I knew that, but I forgot because well...

TBH I couldn't remember exactly what it was & had to Google it, but I knew there was some skeleton that gets brought up all the time & it's "why" Tanya is not/will not be leader of the ALP.

Gladys got away with having a dodgy (ex-) boyfriend ... could Tanya get away with having a reformed partner? I can imagine a really nasty campaign with it. I think she'd have to replace a sitting PM rather than go through that first.

I can’t be certain, but I suspect I met MCT pre-prison, as we were in certain music focussed circle. I have occasionally met him through work, and DP speaks with him regularly.

I know there would be a smear campaign, but he is one of the most senior NSW public servants, and he successfully made the transition from Labor senior staffer to head of the Education department (under Labor), to now having spent almost 10 years running clusters of departments under the coalition.

Surely there is little traction?

Interestingly, Albo probably ran across MCT in the music crowd as well (I occasionally see Albo at gigs). It’s a pity that Albo hasn’t had cut-through, and Covid has sucked out more political oxygen than the bushfires.

I too see Tanya as a great leader, but suspect the next election is the LNP’s to lose.

Apparently Craig’s fb posts are disappearing. He says he’s not deleting them and Fb say they aren’t either. No doubt he is doing it to try and try and stoke the conspiracy flames.

Didn’t Scomo tell him to stop it?

9-AF62129-382-F-4899-9948-3-A43-C2-DFDDFA.png

YodaTheWrinkledOne

9-AF62129-382-F-4899-9948-3-A43-C2-DFDDFA.png

https://www.newcastle.edu.au/newsroom/featured/in-response-to-debate-around-covid-treatment

"As a world-class research institute, we encourage and promote innovation in research that is underpinned by rigorous scientific principles. Our researchers are expected to adhere to strict scientific standards in providing opinions on matters of public interest.

While the University always respects freedom of speech, Robert Clancy is not speaking on behalf of the University of Newcastle when offering his opinion on this issue. The University has not funded his research since 2009 and he retired in 2013. The University does not consider Robert Clancy a subject matter expert on COVID-19."

This is a question about TP's husband and I am asking it 'legally' not morally, with his record how is he able to be in such a senior position on forms for public service/government it always asks about criminal convictions etc,

(again I am asking what is right or wrong I am asking legally how is able to hold the position he is in not speaking about him personally)

This is a question about TP's husband and I am asking it 'legally' not morally, with his record how is he able to be in such a senior position on forms for public service/government it always asks about criminal convictions etc,

(again I am asking what is right or wrong I am asking legally how is able to hold the position he is in not speaking about him personally)

So anyone who has a criminal record, no matter what for or when should never be able to hold a senior position? Just because you have a criminal record doesn't mean you can't hold a certain position. There are plenty of registered doctors etc who have a criminal conviction. You have to declare it, but it doesn't necessarily mean you get deregistered.

So anyone who has a criminal record, no matter what for or when should never be able to hold a senior position? Just because you have a criminal record doesn't mean you can't hold a certain position. There are plenty of registered doctors etc who have a criminal conviction. You have to declare it, but it doesn't necessarily mean you get deregistered.

I will reword it, I was asking legally how he was able to get his position with his criminal record, if the fact he has a criminal record means legally he can still then that is the answer

I was not asking whether he should or should not be allowed too

Just a reminder that the libs maintain Kelly is there because of his merit and plibersek got there due to the quotas

Imagine if the libs employed on quotas rather than "merit".

Advertisement