• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• LemonMyrtle

• Bethlehem

• Bad Cat

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabulous idea. We must maintain the rage. It has to stop now.

Being from one of the areas hit hardest by COVID and being immunocompromised I am a bit worried about attending though.

Being from one of the areas hit hardest by COVID and being immunocompromised I am a bit worried about attending though.

Me too! (Ironic statement)

Organisers are trying to find ways for people to join the protest in other ways, if they can't attend for whatever reasons - whether livestreaming, or other gestures that people can do from home.

There have also been calls for a nationwide women's strike day. I think that would be brilliant but I wonder how many women would actually do it? If everyone did it it would be powerful. If only a handful did it and ending up losing their jobs over it, it would be a disaster.

I am practically incandescent with rage after his bullshit statement today. I will be attending the Melbourne march, although I'm thinking this may be worth a trip up to Canberra.

I am practically incandescent with rage after his bullshit statement today. I will be attending the Melbourne march, although I'm thinking this may be worth a trip up to Canberra.

I can't find details on the Melbourne march- can you point me in the right direction please?

I can't find details on the Melbourne march- can you point me in the right direction please?

There's no page for each city yet, they are coming soon. You can follow this twitter account for updates: https://twitter.com/womensmarchaus

or join the facebook page, where all of the organising is being done: https://www.facebook.com/groups/293272815474945

But across the country, I believe the key details are 12pm on March 15th.

I am happy to host people who need to travel to Canberra.

I’m an incandescent with rage too

Purpleblaze

Thank you for posting - I would love to attend also. Will keep an eye out. Another incandescent with rage!

#methree

Lots of talk and very little action from a lot of social media warriors.. what could be any womans excuse for not getting involved in this?

Guest Alias Grace

^^ Huh? I am one that is planning to attend the Melbourne rally but I didn't realise that I had to "engage with" this thread. I don't believe that the Melbourne rally details have even been finalised at this point. And I am not a fan of judging those who may not be able to or choose not to attend the rallies for whatever reason.

Kiwi Bicycle

I am disheartened by the lack of engagement with this thread.

I can probably speak for Victorians about why we aren't jumping up and down to protest.

We are just 2 weeks out of a lockdown.

We still have Covid traces in our wastewater.

There's a 100 person limit on outdoor gatherings.

We are just so worn down by Covid, we are just trying to take it day by day to keep schools and businesses open.

We were damn lucky with the BLM protests that we didn't get a massive outbreak. Most of the people on the Vic thread then were saying, stay home, stop the spread. This week NZ has a possible case to two mothers going for a walk in level 3 lockdown, passing Covid between them. From a walk.

It's not that we don't care, but does it have to be a physical protest? Do a petition, make people take photots of themselves holding a candle or something.

I understand it's different in other states where you haven't been restricted as such, but us Victorians as worn down.

I am intending to attend the march but honestly I haven't engaged very much with the online dialogue this week (on this thread or otherwise) because it has all been really overwhelming and triggering for me. I am sure I am not the only woman feeling this way this week. A lot of repressed stuff has resurfaced and it is taking a lot to work through it and just get through each day.

There is still a lot that the organisers are figuring out. But social media will be a big part of this protest so you can still join in if you dont feel comfortable protesting in public.

I’m wondering if there’s going to be a crossover with the Labour Day women’s March on Monday.

I’m in two minds; I really want to go, but Covid.

March for justice is on the 15th, noon. Melbourne is in the permit stage so not sure what the details will be yet. All the women’s lawyer groups are mobilising.

MintyBiscuit

Sydney location isn’t confirmed yet but I’ll be heading along if it’s feasible. I can’t actually put into words the white hot anger I’ve been experiencing in these last few weeks. I’m fortunate to have never experience sexual violence, I cannot imagine how those who have must be feeling right now.

lazycritter

Yeah Monday in Melb just difficult, and need to get back to Geelong in time for school pick up is cutting it a bit fine.

Advertisement