IGNORED

What would a post patriarchal world look like?

Kallie

I dunno, it might be a natural first reaction, but I'm sure most people can get past it if they decide to. It's just giving them the tools to make that decision. I voted labour last election even though we were considering getting an investment property and i knew they planned to get rid of negative gearing. I voted for that for other people even though it would give us a real (immediate, not maybe one day in 20 years time we could do it) financial advantage. I think people are capable, but we (westerners anyway) live in a world where doing good for others is basically seen as being a sucker and needing help is grubby mooching.

Lots of people reach out and try to expand their community in times of need.

True, but Trumpists are talking about sedition and going to war. That's pretty strong feeling. You're talking about changing your vote. They have expanded their communities, but to others who have similar beliefs or issues (Trumpists and Well being employees getting closer and closer to the same thing now, over vaccines). They are now a pretty powerful group with very strong feelings. I don't think the left has this because the left is too busy othering each other.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kallie

• pelagic

• purplekitty

• Bethlehem

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, it might be a natural first reaction, but I'm sure most people can get past it if they decide to. It's just giving them the tools to make that decision. I voted labour last election even though we were considering getting an investment property and i knew they planned to get rid of negative gearing. I voted for that for other people even though it would give us a real (immediate, not maybe one day in 20 years time we could do it) financial advantage. I think people are capable, but we (westerners anyway) live in a world where doing good for others is basically seen as being a sucker and needing help is grubby mooching.

Lots of people reach out and try to expand their community in times of need.

True, but Trumpists are talking about sedition and going to war. That's pretty strong feeling. You're talking about changing your vote. They have expanded their communities, but to others who have similar beliefs or issues (Trumpists and Well being employees getting closer and closer to the same thing now, over vaccines). They are now a pretty powerful group with very strong feelings. I don't think the left has this because the left is too busy othering each other.

Well I didn't change my vote, I stuck with what I tend to believe in despite maybe not being in my best personal interests. But yes, I take your point. As a leftie I'd be okay with othering racist, sexist, homophobic etc behavior rather than people. But I guess that's too nuanced a message for the masses 🙄