• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• WaitForMe

• Bethlehem

• Fruitmincepies

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on FB lately but funnily enough an article on the creation of "sexual wellness" and sex toys, and a bit on the feminist side of it popped up in my apple news feed this morning, which also talked about Lily Allen's promotion.

It was a good article but I can't for the life of me remember which news outlet it came from...

I like this from the review.

"Hand in hand with the release of this product, Allen has launched the #IMasturbate campaign in an effort to challenge the stigma surrounding masturbation — particularly when it comes to women. "Sex toys are still seen as a taboo subject because they are related to masturbation and female pleasure. Female pleasure in itself is a taboo subject," said Allen in a press release. "The only way to make taboo subjects’ no longer taboo is to speak about them openly, frequently and without shame or guilt."

I follow her on Instagram so I’ve seen a lot about it. I think it’s fantastic that it’s bringing that conversation more out in the open, women’s pleasure is overlooked far too often.

FWIW I have one the same concept as the Lily Allen one and can confirm they do the job quite nicely

Advertisement