IGNORED

Alice or Eleanor

whitewave

Which do you prefer?

Alice or Eleanor (Ellie)

Possible middle names - other suggestions welcome..

Alice Clare

Alice Rose

Alice Eleanor

Alice Olivia

Eleanor Clare

Eleanor Rose

Eleanor Violet

Sibling to Phoebe and Oscar

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kerilyntaryn21

• whitewave

• Sancti-claws

• BrainFart

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Alice Rose.

I personally would avoid Eleanor only because I’m not a fan of Elle/Ella/Ellie nickname

ETA - I just said Alice Rose out loud and realise it sounds like Axl Rose. I still love it the most out of all your name combos, but I suppose if you plan to use both names regularly.

Edited by BornToLove

Guest Chic n Stu

Eleanor Rose sounds delightfully classy and classic, but all of your suggested combinations would be lovely so you'll be smiling whichever way you jump. OP :)

Off topic, but I know two families with sisters Alice and Eleanor. Alice is the older one in both families. One set in their late 30s and one are 6 and 4 years old. So they go nicely together 😂

I like Eleanor as well but my vote is for Alice. I am biased though one of my DD’s is Alice Amelia.

I have an Amelia Alice !

OP I like Alice Rose from your list

Eleanor Claire (with that spelling).

I adore Eleanor and would have fought DH for us to use it if we had a girl - but we had two boys.

We’d have gone for the nickname Nora as we have an Elle/Ellie in the family already.

If you choose Alice, my preference for middle name is Olivia.

Or any other multiple syllable middle. I prefer that to two single syllable names together which imho rarely has a nice flow when spoken.

I feel as though Alice is a bit more of a perennial than Eleanor.

I also prefer Eleanor, rather than Ellie, as it could be Elle or Alison shortened to Allie, or even Alice nicknamed Allie. Weirdly I prefer nicknames to be indicative of the person's name. I realise that's illogical as so often it's not possible. Friend's daughter is Charlotte and I'd love her to be Lottie but she hates it, sadly.

I love all of those on your list, and think they'd all go beautifully with the siblings. If I had to pick one it would be Alice Clare.

(Isn't it weird the way we expect siblings to have names that go together. It's always a bit odd coming across a family who have John, Mary, Anne and Persephone and we wonder about the naming process.)

• 1 month later...
Advertisement