IGNORED

Alice or Liliana (Lily)

henryk

DD is 6 days old and still no name - trying to resolve this before we reach the 5 weeks it took to name DS :roll:

We have narrowed it down to Alice or Liliana (nn Lily).

Middle name is Isobel (after my grandmother).

DH is of Eastern European background which is why Liliana rather than Lily, but would probably just call her Lily most of the time (I do like the idea of the cultural connection though). The spelling of Alice in his language changes the name to something I don’t like so have stuck with the English version.

Surname starts with K and has 3 syllables (and is hard to pronounce).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• henryk

• Sarzie

• amdirel

• Kerilyntaryn21

Top Posters In This Topic

ClaudiaCosette

I was going to say Alice (as personally I prefer it) until seeing the connection of Liliana to your husband's heritage. That makes it more meaningful, so I would say go with that. It's a beautiful name.

Both are lovely.

Ill say Liliana. I like longer names that have a cute nn.

Plus Ive seen a lot of people considering Alice, so I think its going to become popular soon.

Kerilyntaryn21

Liliana has the special connection but so would Lily. Lily and Alice are easier for spelling and pronouciation though, and shorter with a longer surname

The names you have in contention are lovely. However I think there are flow issues with the middle name in both combos.

The solution if you care about this obviously depends on your priorities. Sounds like Isobel could work as a first. Or Lilian Isobel in combo. Or Liliana with a short, sharp middle that begins with a consonant. Or Alice Liliana.

Liliana Isobel for the win.

I agree with the PP that you are honouring her heritage and her great grandmother, the name is established but unusual, it is elegant and can be shortened as Lily or used in full. I think it will flow okay with your surname and that's the main thing because it will very rarely be used in full with the middle and surname.

My parents gave me three beautiful forenames in their own right, but what a mouthful when you read them all together. It never happens so no problem!

• 2 weeks later...
Advertisement