IGNORED

10 weeks to go and no girls name chosen!

BeepBeep

Hi! I’m expecting a little girl in July. I have an older daughter who is 3 and we have zero suitable names for our new baby. Literally zero.

I like Mahalia and Samara, as does my partner but one is incredibly similar to our first daughters name (Aaliyah) and one is a close family friend who doesn’t like her name at all!

Can anyone suggest something similar?

Thank you!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kerilyntaryn21

• BeepBeep

• Lurker

• IamtheMumma

Top Posters In This Topic

Sancti-claws

I love your chosen names and neither of them are too close to your baby IMO. Mahalia is another great singer too.

Else - Zafiya, Zadie, Xolanie, Yolanda, Yael (I know one in real life - beautiful), Vivienne, Uma, Quinn.

Guest Alias Grace

I love both Mahalia and Samara - but I agree that Mahalia is probably too close to your daughter's name. You could also use Samira or Samaire as an alternative to Samara.

Other suggestions: Amali, Radha, Kailani, Katia, Xanthe, Ebony, Saskia.

ClaudiaCosette

Samara works beautifully with Aaliyah, so I'd reconsider if it's a name you really like, even if your friend doesn't like her name. Tamara is an obvious alternative; there's also Tamar, which I think fits a bit better with Aaliyah. I like a PP's suggestion of Samira.

Mahalia is certainly similar to Aaliyah but only you can decide if it's too close. It might depend on how you pronounce them: Ma-HAH-lia and Uh-lee-uh would be okay to me, but not Ma-HAY-lia and AY-lia.

Some other ideas: Serena, Selena, Rhianna, Vanessa, Laetitia, Mariah, Ziva, Nia, Danica, Lola, Miranda, Savannah

I really, really wanted Aaliya and was vetoed. I also love: Aleema, Amina, Samayra, Amayra, Alina , Mia, Ava and Hannah.

Maybe one of those would work?

Kerilyntaryn21

Sariah Hadassah Mariah Zaniyah Rihanna Zariah Saffira Serafina Jacinda Jacinta Graciela Jerusha Shakira Zafira Xenia Soraya Zahara Talitha Micaiah Zipporah Zara Zahira Zakiah Channah Eliora Tirzah Talya Rivkah Raziela Tahira Sakina Salima Yasmin Yasmeen Yasmina Sharia Shamira Calista Shanika Catarina Catalina Shekinah Felicia Shakira Shahira

If DS2 was a girl, he would have been Mara, so I came in to suggest that. Zara was another that I liked that seems to fit.

My other girl names have all been mentioned on here :)

Advertisement