As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Silverstreak

Last night before going to sleep, DS said "I love you. Happy Mother's Day." He doesn't talk a lot, so this totally made my day.

• Love 1

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

The kids are preparing my breakfast with DH. They bought me the cutest gifts from the school stall and DH splurged on some beautiful pjs for me.

I am going to enjoy today! Love to all the mums out there!

ImperatorFuriosa

DS11 got his yellow belt. I'm proud of him for sticking it out and giving karate a go. Onwards and upwards from here.

• Like 1

My new ugg boots. I love that they have a proper sole, so I can wear them everywhere!!!

My kids have actually slept in! I have a peaceful quiet house to myself.

Yes, we all slept in til past 8 this morning. It was a miracle!

My kids both made me cards. DS FYOS addressed me by my name (not Mum) and then wrote “I luv yoo” entirely by himself.

Anne Bonny

All the owls are courting outside. There's a little boobook mo-poking away, a tawny frogmouth oom-ing down the hill and somewhere up on the bigger hill a powerful owl just woo- wooed.

I got to eat leftover scones today while the kids were at school. I also got time to watch an episode of one of my shows and the kitty sat on my chest purring the whole time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just submitted the online entry form for Miss almost 7 and myself for the Royal Adelaide Show cookery competition.

Miss almost 7 wants to do the plain scones, rock cakes, sweet muffins, and chocolate crackles. I'm doing the cookery pentathlon (consisting of small cakes, Anzac biscuits, ginger fluff sponge, plain scones and boiled fruit cake) as well as a vegan sweet product.

Time to get practicing.

Anne Bonny

Holy cow [mention]Catzilla[/mention] that's ambitious! You're going to have to draw up a roster on the oven.

Yep. I entered 10 things myself in 2019 (DD wasn’t old enough to enter then) and that was challenging.

Anne Bonny

Mine will sound like I'm awful but I just watched a bunch of lorikeets kick minah bird ass up and down our golden penda tree. That's two species that have learned to take them on. The butcher birds learned to take them out in the drought because they were chucking their babies out of the nest. Typical minah bird charm got it's first come uppance. Now the lorikeets have their number. Noice!

As karma for my unkind thoughts a lorikeet then prcoeeded to crap on the sheet I was pegging out. Kinda hilarious.

One minute, "Go lorikeets,!, next minute "Not like that!"

Silverstreak

Had a nice self-care day today. Read a book, had a nap, took myself out to lunch and got my eyebrows done. Now having a late coffee whilst DS watches ABC Kids. Plus the sun has made an appearance.

DH is out of the house with the kids for the weekend! They've only been gone a few hours but Holy moly I barely know what to do with myself. So far I have worked late (it's actually a good thing as I'm so behind and stressed at work, clear time to finish something uninterrupted was actually great), had a long undisturbed shower, ordered takeaway and gone to bed with a glass of wine and a book. Hello happiness!

Lizzybirdsworth

Ds1 surprised us for a visit this weekend. The younger 2 are loving having big brother home

I found not one but three new albums and two artists I am vastly enjoying listening to. [for those interested it is Mammoth and the albums Dawn and Head Rush; and Awakening by Frederico Mecozzi. Instrumental/head rush is drums, Dawn is piano, and Awakenings is a mix but Violin is the star and it is not boring old classic classical but modern. Includes some electronics but really well done].

Sancti-claws

Just submitted the online entry form for Miss almost 7 and myself for the Royal Adelaide Show cookery competition.

Miss almost 7 wants to do the plain scones, rock cakes, sweet muffins, and chocolate crackles. I'm doing the cookery pentathlon (consisting of small cakes, Anzac biscuits, ginger fluff sponge, plain scones and boiled fruit cake) as well as a vegan sweet product.

Time to get practicing.

Colour me impressed!! Not just with your efforts, but that you can enter online.

I have had to download the 52 page cookery PDF with a very badly scanned entry form - it is basically the same pdf every year, except a volunteer goes through with whiteout and changes the year - they inserted a covid page saying that everything would be destroyed afterwards.

I am entering an eggplant pickle (already cooked) in "other pickles" and I will also put in a sauce that I make - I have an order from a work colleague (I have about half a dozen sauce bottles in the fridge at work for anyone to use - one applies ones glut of chillies wherever possible) and need to do a chilli and a capsicum harvest anyway, so I am half way there.

My new day hiking pack. I have been wearing it around the house to get used to it. Kids keep giving me strange looks :lol: Looking forward to giving it a go today!

Advertisement