IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

LemonMyrtle

After everyone taking turns of being sick for weeks and weeks, I finally have the house to myself! No work today, and I’m finally feeling a bit better myself.

Can’t decide whether I should watch TV all day, or go shopping for a new iPhone case and some tshirts. And maybe some shoes and bras.

Seayork2002

Now I had to have a lie down afterwards as I was overcome with excitement but I finally found a way to clean the bath properly, gumption and a yellow sponge/green scourer thingy finally got the black stains off

we cleaned the bath regularly so it was clean but we could never get these weird black stains off not mould but they looked like some one used an black eraser and rubbed it on odd spots

Found out that for HASS the kids are doing ancient history. And rather then the Greeks or Egyptians etc we did growing up my yr 7 kid is doing aboriginal Australians.

Found out that for HASS the kids are doing ancient history. And rather then the Greeks or Egyptians etc we did growing up my yr 7 kid is doing aboriginal Australians.

I love how my kids have so much more awareness of Aboriginal culture at 8 and 6 than I had from my whole schooling. I didn’t even hear the word Noongar (Aboriginal people of the South West of WA) until I was in Year 11 - and when I heard it I thought it was a slur. So much ignorance!

[mention]Fizgig[/mention] its great isn’t it? My kids school has lots of aboriginal culture and language intertwined through it. They just got sports shirts and it’s got both the English name and the Yawuru name (each faction is names after a bird). They have a big sculpture/information area that details the six seasons. They use Yawuru language to say good morning/hello at assembly and in class in the morning. A lot of town now has signposts with Yawuru language as well. And they do a lot of the history from different viewpoints. This includes invasion day vs first fleet landing, stolen generation, traditional stories, they have a couple of days a year where the local elders and storytellers come and talk to the kids and do various activities. I didn’t even realise I’d met and aboriginal person until I was about 9.

Daffy2016

Over the last week or so, DS five months has been complimented by strangers for being cute (he is) - but they’ve referred to him as ‘they’ until I confirm he’s a boy. Each time he’s been dressed in blue or grey with a blue blanket. It gives me hope we’re maybe finally moving past the blue for boys/pink for girls gender nonsense

Bornagirl

I love how my kids have so much more awareness of Aboriginal culture at 8 and 6 than I had from my whole schooling. I didn’t even hear the word Noongar (Aboriginal people of the South West of WA) until I was in Year 11 - and when I heard it I thought it was a slur. So much ignorance!

We recently did an indigenous guided tour of King's park with a Nyungar woman (which is how she spelt it, apparently there are numerous spellings) . Turned out to be just the two of us with her, so very personalised.

It was fabulous, and so interesting.

Fruitmincepies

We recently did an indigenous guided tour of King's park with a Nyungar woman (which is how she spelt it, apparently there are numerous spellings) . Turned out to be just the two of us with her, so very personalised.

That does sound very interesting. Kings Park is one of my favourite places, glad you enjoyed it.

Bornagirl

That does sound very interesting. Kings Park is one of my favourite places, glad you enjoyed it.

It gets better. We happened to be in Perth the weekend before the cyclone hit up the coast, and the outskirts of it were affecting the weather there - the forecast seemed to change by the hour. We were being collected to go to the boat to go to rottnest, and because of the unpleasant weather the driver called us, said others had cancelled, we were the only ones, instead of going to the pickup point, he would collect us. Once he did that, he said that we still had time on our hands due to no other pickups, would we like to spend half an our in King's park? Would we ever. Our plan had originally been to bike ride around it after walking around it, but it would have been too windy, and possibly wet.

It's an amazing park.

Pigeonpairplusone

The house we are purchasing has gone unconditional. After moving to Brisbane 6 years ago from Adelaide we are finally going to be home owners again, in the suburb we want.

LemonMyrtle

Found some easter eggs in the pantry. Yum.

*edit cause it auto corrected to “water eggs” lol

Edited by LemonMyrtle

Not So Retro

20210507-180530.jpg

I bought this from Coles at lunchtime. $7, next to the Mother's Day mudcakes, it smells amazing.

Not So Retro

Grins, [mention]LemonMyrtle[/mention] , I was wondering what exotic thing a water egg was

I was going to ask but thought I would Google and I was like ok, if that’s is her idea of yum, fair enough :lol:

Bornagirl

Grins, @LemonMyrtle , I was wondering what exotic thing a water egg was

It's when your kid says 'what's that in your mouth, Mum?' and you reply 'just water'.

My sister got stuck into some chocolate one night after the kids were in bed. When checking on them, one stirred and said 'can I have some of that chocolate?' so she was a bit more careful after that.

Fruitmincepies

DH is out, the kids are in bed, and I’m drinking tea and watching Vera, while wearing snuggly uniqlo socks and wrapped in a warm shawl. So warm and snuggly.

Got home from work to DD and DH having gone to Bunnings (aka Hammerbarn), so I got an hour to myself to have a warm shower and wash my hair, and then have a coffee and a couple of snacks.

Sancti-claws

I'm incredibly blah about the unit I'm enrolled in with Uni this semester. It's so hard to engage with and I'm lacking motivation. The last assignment I literally left until the last minute to write (I literally wrote it in 5 hours and then rather then doing much more then a basic edit handed it in). I'm happy because rather then barely passing like I expected I got 73%. It makes me slightly more motivated to try and work a bit harder on the next assessment.

muahaha - their nefarious scheme is working!!!

Not So Retro

I am home with resident boy who is ensconced in his cave, so it's like being home alone. My tunes are playing on the speaker, I've just had a Bertie Beetle from my Easter bag and the kettle is on for tea. The view out the front door is very pleasing as my gardener friend was here this morning and it's a sunny and warm afternoon. Tall boy removed the drum kit from the front room so I'll be able to get in and sort it out. Life's good....

Daffy2016

20210507-180530.jpg

I bought this from Coles at lunchtime. $7, next to the Mother's Day mudcakes, it smells amazing.

My local bakery does these and we’re having one for afternoon tea. So yum.

Not So Retro

20210507-180530.jpg

My local bakery does these and we’re having one for afternoon tea. So yum.

I don't know why, but I expected it to have cream inside. Not a reasonable expectation at all, as it was from the shelf, not the chiller.

My stand mixer went missing a couple of years ago, and the only bit I could find was the bowl. I just now found the rest of it - up in the very top part of my wardrobe, where DH had also put the footstool to stop DD using it to climb elsewhere.

LemonMyrtle

DH actually uses and checks my shared Google calendar and called it “the family calendar” today.

Phase 1 is complete!

Now to get him to start adding his own appointments and work trips.

Advertisement