Welcome guest! You are invited to register a free account to access our member-only forums.

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Awards

Team Member

Because we need a thread to share the good stuff...

Anyway today my boss told me how she is proud of all I have learnt and how she knows I am going to excel in my chosen field because of how I operate in my job! Seriously it was so good to hear. I have been doubting my choice so much. I am old, dropped a fortune on this degree and was worried about the prospects but today I thought maybe I can make this work.

Just my happy moment for the day!
Last edited by Jolly_F on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Odd-1-Out

Awards

Jolly_F wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:08 pm Because we need a thread to share the good stuff...

Anyway today my boss told me how she is proud of all I have leant and how she knows I am going to excel in my chosen field because of how I operate in my job! Seriously it was so good to hear. I have been doubting my choice so much. I am old, dropped a fortune on this degreed was worried about the prospects but today I thought maybe I can make this work.

Just my happy moment for the day!
That's awesome, you must be really good at what you do 🙂
"Some are born weird, some achieve it, others have weirdness thrust upon them."~ Dick Francis, To the Hilt
sueratbag

Awards

Lovely thing to hear, Jolly.
Thank you for sharing it!
Sancti-claws
Subscriber

Awards

Definitely need that like button!!

It is FRIDAY!
'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things: Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax — Of cabbages — and kings — And why the sea is boiling hot — And whether pigs have wings.'
Sancti-claws
Subscriber

Awards

Definitely need that like button!!

It is FRIDAY!
'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things: Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax — Of cabbages — and kings — And why the sea is boiling hot — And whether pigs have wings.'
Deleted User 171

I just discovered the 'First Unread Reply' button.

I'm not sure if it just got added or I just didn't notice it until now but either way it's made me happy.
gatheringpieces

Awards

Jolly that's fab! I wish more workplaces gave positive feedback.

I've got a head cold or something and feeling rubbish so dragging my heels a bit. But today my partner left me sleeping AND then offered and went and bought me a coffee.
I think threatening to kick him out if he didn't get his act together may have sunk in.
Harrowhark

Awards

My husband and son just made some delicious vegan donuts and I’m giddy with happiness. It has been too freaking long since I’ve had a donut. Too long.

*too long = approx 3-4yrs
mother of four | ttc#5 4.5yrs | secondary infertility | ectopic pregnancies ‘07 + ‘17 | miscarriage sept 2020
magic_marker

Awards

Just signed up!
There are no monsters under the bed No Monsters in your head Tomorrow brings new day of light Sweet Dreams my Prince/Princess, goodnight. - Containment
Pandobox

Awards

Baked Chicken.
Tomorrows weather forecast
and the fact that DD has peed twice in the potty.
Bells

Awards

We moved the couches and vacuumed the dust bunnies, now we are ready to watch the cats win the grand final tonight. :D
Me44 DH44 DD12 DS9
Lazycow

Awards

Seeing how quickly the new EB is coming along.
Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.
sueratbag

Awards

Bells wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:52 pm We moved the couches and vacuumed the dust bunnies, now we are ready to watch the cats win the grand final tonight. :D
I think the outcome of the grand final will depend on which team can swim better. :lol:
Frankie

Awards

My new Gin Balloons. One of which is currently on its maiden voyage.
Deleted User 620

Wine. Like always.
Murderino
Inactive

Awards

Hmmmph wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm How excited my kid is by the footy tonight. Even though this year has been tough, she still takes immense joy in things.
:lol: :lol:
My happiness is because my kid said he’s only interested in that start and finish - the Rest is boring!
You’re in a cult, call your dad.
JustCurious100

Awards

Whats a gin balloon
Green Grass

Awards

Afternoon naps and now vodka :D
Frankie

Awards

JustCurious100 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 pm Whats a gin balloon
A glass with a wide bowl to enhance the experience of the gin’s aroma (I actually just bought them because they’re pretty 🤩)
Knottygirl

Awards

Sunday morning.

I’ve been wanting a bar height outdoor table for awhile, but don’t want to pay for a whole new table. I asked dh if we could somehow just raise the height of our existing outdoor table. He initially said no too hard, but I talked him into it and we just about got it finished last night. Going to look amazing when it’s done. I’m going to ikea today to buy the bar height outdoor stools 🥰.
Meepy

Awards

Kids are at their dads tonight for the first time in ages so I had custard for dinner.
JustCurious100

Awards

Frankie wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:16 am
JustCurious100 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 pm Whats a gin balloon
A glass with a wide bowl to enhance the experience of the gin’s aroma (I actually just bought them because they’re pretty 🤩)

I feel like I need one of these in my life!
Murderino
Inactive

Awards

I made a donation (to help keep a restaurant in Thailand open) this afternoon and when I was thinking about it I mentioned it to the kids. My youngest, who can be a selfish little one at times, disappeared to the bedroom. Came back with $10 pocket money to donate as well. The oldest then felt the need to as well although I assured them both they didn’t I am proud of them for doing it.
You’re in a cult, call your dad.
Sancti-claws
Subscriber

Awards

It was yesterday, but my girl kicked butt in Battle of the Schools.

Her school lost - but she answered every question they buzzed in on correctly, she consulted with her teammates (a little too loudly at times so the other school heard the answers) and they were gracious in defeat.

But most importantly - she didn't lose it under pressure, she didn't melt down on the way in and she and her team were a real credit to their school.

I am so very proud of her.
STBG +2

Awards

I am happy for the year 8-10 who are going back to school in Victoria today.