IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Because we need a thread to share the good stuff...

Anyway today my boss told me how she is proud of all I have learnt and how she knows I am going to excel in my chosen field because of how I operate in my job! Seriously it was so good to hear. I have been doubting my choice so much. I am old, dropped a fortune on this degree and was worried about the prospects but today I thought maybe I can make this work.

Just my happy moment for the day!

Edited by Jolly_F
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Because we need a thread to share the good stuff...

Anyway today my boss told me how she is proud of all I have leant and how she knows I am going to excel in my chosen field because of how I operate in my job! Seriously it was so good to hear. I have been doubting my choice so much. I am old, dropped a fortune on this degreed was worried about the prospects but today I thought maybe I can make this work.

Just my happy moment for the day!

That's awesome, you must be really good at what you do 🙂

I just discovered the 'First Unread Reply' button.

I'm not sure if it just got added or I just didn't notice it until now but either way it's made me happy.

gatheringpieces

Jolly that's fab! I wish more workplaces gave positive feedback.

I've got a head cold or something and feeling rubbish so dragging my heels a bit. But today my partner left me sleeping AND then offered and went and bought me a coffee.

I think threatening to kick him out if he didn't get his act together may have sunk in.

My husband and son just made some delicious vegan donuts and I’m giddy with happiness. It has been too freaking long since I’ve had a donut. Too long.

*too long = approx 3-4yrs

We moved the couches and vacuumed the dust bunnies, now we are ready to watch the cats win the grand final tonight. :D

I think the outcome of the grand final will depend on which team can swim better. :lol:

How excited my kid is by the footy tonight. Even though this year has been tough, she still takes immense joy in things.

:lol: :lol:

My happiness is because my kid said he’s only interested in that start and finish - the Rest is boring!

Whats a gin balloon

A glass with a wide bowl to enhance the experience of the gin’s aroma (I actually just bought them because they’re pretty 🤩)

Sunday morning.

I’ve been wanting a bar height outdoor table for awhile, but don’t want to pay for a whole new table. I asked dh if we could somehow just raise the height of our existing outdoor table. He initially said no too hard, but I talked him into it and we just about got it finished last night. Going to look amazing when it’s done. I’m going to ikea today to buy the bar height outdoor stools 🥰.

Whats a gin balloon

A glass with a wide bowl to enhance the experience of the gin’s aroma (I actually just bought them because they’re pretty 🤩)

I feel like I need one of these in my life!

I made a donation (to help keep a restaurant in Thailand open) this afternoon and when I was thinking about it I mentioned it to the kids. My youngest, who can be a selfish little one at times, disappeared to the bedroom. Came back with $10 pocket money to donate as well. The oldest then felt the need to as well although I assured them both they didn’t I am proud of them for doing it.

It was yesterday, but my girl kicked butt in Battle of the Schools.

Her school lost - but she answered every question they buzzed in on correctly, she consulted with her teammates (a little too loudly at times so the other school heard the answers) and they were gracious in defeat.

But most importantly - she didn't lose it under pressure, she didn't melt down on the way in and she and her team were a real credit to their school.

I am so very proud of her.

Advertisement