How rude!

Mister Mum

Awards

I just spotted a big, healthy huntsman on my bedroom door so figured I'd carry it outside in a plastic container.

It was a lively one - and on the way to the back door it crawled out of the container and onto the back of my hand. No problem, I'm cool with that, kinda tickles.

I was just saying to my twitching partner that "it's ok, they won't bite unprovoked" when IT FRIGGING BIT ME.

I'm quite insulted.
PuddingPlease

Awards

I want to see this story from the point of view of the spider.

'So there I was, minding my own business and taking a nap when this giant forces me into a container of dubious cleanliness and tries to evict me. Just like that! No written notification. No 28 day grace period. Just...out you go! I made my way out of the tub and approached him to discuss the matter and he just stood there talking about me like I wasn't there. I'll admit I did lose my temper but I didn't bite him very hard. What do you think? Am I the jerk here?'
Mister Mum

Awards

:lol:
Chicken Pie
Subscriber

Awards

OMG hahaha i thought they cant bite ("jaw" too small or something)?

I would have died just seeing the thing
LunaFreya

Awards

No they CAN bite, they just aren’t venomous
riotproof

Awards

Which voice did you use?
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
Rainycat

Awards

What’s Mr/Mrs Huntsmans bite like, did it hurt?
I love them and happily relocate if needed, I’m surprised he/she decided to bite you.
Mister Mum

Awards

It was like a march fly bite, just a bit more "stingy". Now it's just a itchy.

I've handled them plenty of times and have never been bitten before. I guess he/she didn't like the cut of my jib :lol:
lozoodle

Awards

Ugh. Stupid spiders.
Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

I became popular at school when I showed them my hole in my leg from what believe was a white leg/tail spider, it was both incredible gross and fascinating at the same time

My mum looked up (separate time) and saw hundreds of baby huntsman on the ceiling and she is brave than me
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Fruitmincepies

Awards

Team Member

Hope you’ve stuck some antiseptic on it
Mister Mum

Awards

Fruitmincepies wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am Hope you’ve stuck some antiseptic on it
All good, I've taken care of it :P

Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

Fruitmincepies wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am Hope you’ve stuck some antiseptic on it
TMI alert

It had to be stuffed with gauze stuff it was about 10c piece size hole
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Alta Gaudia
Global Moderator

Awards

Team Member

See, this is why all. spiders. must. die.
Community is a collaborative work of art.
Not So Retro

Awards

I'm with you @Alta Gaudia ! I have 2 rules to live by- work smarter, not harder and the only good spider is a dead spider.
:flag_au: :scotland: :england: :flag_ie: :flag_no:
Kadoodle

Awards

Ungrateful little wall cat!

My rescues for today weren’t any more polite though. Goosey Lucy and Bruce the Goose were both very hissy.
Plant a flower, feed a bee.
blue86

Awards

Kadoodle wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 pm Ungrateful little wall cat!

My rescues for today weren’t any more polite though. Goosey Lucy and Bruce the Goose were both very hissy.
That’s because they are devil chickens
Kadoodle

Awards

blue86 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:30 pm
Kadoodle wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 pm Ungrateful little wall cat!

That’s because they are devil chickens
My kids call them snake chickens. My dogs are terrified of them.
Plant a flower, feed a bee.
LifesGood
Subscriber

Awards

See I would be dead after that regardless of how venomous the spider was. I would have died of fright.
Me + DH + DD (2006) + DS (2010)
EBer since 2005
Someone

Awards

So rude! I'd be devastated if my resident kitchen spider that I chat to regularly did that to me!!
Mister Mum

Awards

I graciously allowed him/her to live (and by that, I mean my wildly flapping arm managed to launch it into the garden).
Lizzybirdsworth

Awards

I had one under the car door handle last week and ds2 found it when he felt it while opening the door. He came running in saying there was a tarantula under the door handle 😂.
3 boys 19,9 and 6
Ker
Global Moderator

Awards

Team Member

I tried to belt a huntsman with a shoe once. The fucker bit me.

Now they all get gassed with fly spray.
Lou-bags

Awards

I wish I never opened this thread! I’ve had to relocate huntsmen before and it’s been an incredible personal feat of willpower each time.

What hope have I now this will be forever burned into my brain to recall the next time a huntsman shows up around here.

And... did I tell you about the time I saw a big ol’ wasp dragging a dead huntsman back to its lair? I got a bit too close to snap a photo and the wasp dropped the spider to fly over at me to scare me off. Mission accomplished, wasp! I ran, let me tell you.
Fruitmincepies

Awards

Team Member

Lou-bags wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 pm I wish I never opened this thread! I’ve had to relocate huntsmen before and it’s been an incredible personal feat of willpower each time.

What hope have I now this will be forever burned into my brain to recall the next time a huntsman shows up around here.

And... did I tell you about the time I saw a big ol’ wasp dragging a dead huntsman back to its lair? I got a bit too close to snap a photo and the wasp dropped the spider to fly over at me to scare me off. Mission accomplished, wasp! I ran, let me tell you.
I had that exact experience with a wasp carrying a spider, except the spider didn’t seem quite dead. The hornet chased my brother and I and we ran so fast :lol: