IGNORED

How rude!

Darryl

I just spotted a big, healthy huntsman on my bedroom door so figured I'd carry it outside in a plastic container.

It was a lively one - and on the way to the back door it crawled out of the container and onto the back of my hand. No problem, I'm cool with that, kinda tickles.

I was just saying to my twitching partner that "it's ok, they won't bite unprovoked" when IT FRIGGING BIT ME.

I'm quite insulted.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl

• Seayork2002

• Fruitmincepies

• LifesGood

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see this story from the point of view of the spider.

'So there I was, minding my own business and taking a nap when this giant forces me into a container of dubious cleanliness and tries to evict me. Just like that! No written notification. No 28 day grace period. Just...out you go! I made my way out of the tub and approached him to discuss the matter and he just stood there talking about me like I wasn't there. I'll admit I did lose my temper but I didn't bite him very hard. What do you think? Am I the jerk here?'

It was like a march fly bite, just a bit more "stingy". Now it's just a itchy.

I've handled them plenty of times and have never been bitten before. I guess he/she didn't like the cut of my jib :lol:

I became popular at school when I showed them my hole in my leg from what believe was a white leg/tail spider, it was both incredible gross and fascinating at the same time

My mum looked up (separate time) and saw hundreds of baby huntsman on the ceiling and she is brave than me

Ungrateful little wall cat!

My rescues for today weren’t any more polite though. Goosey Lucy and Bruce the Goose were both very hissy.

A005-E6-B4-5625-441-D-B862-887-CBAA831-F2.jpg

That’s because they are devil chickens

Lizzybirdsworth

I had one under the car door handle last week and ds2 found it when he felt it while opening the door. He came running in saying there was a tarantula under the door handle 😂.

I wish I never opened this thread! I’ve had to relocate huntsmen before and it’s been an incredible personal feat of willpower each time.

What hope have I now this will be forever burned into my brain to recall the next time a huntsman shows up around here.

And... did I tell you about the time I saw a big ol’ wasp dragging a dead huntsman back to its lair? I got a bit too close to snap a photo and the wasp dropped the spider to fly over at me to scare me off. Mission accomplished, wasp! I ran, let me tell you.

Fruitmincepies

I wish I never opened this thread! I’ve had to relocate huntsmen before and it’s been an incredible personal feat of willpower each time.

What hope have I now this will be forever burned into my brain to recall the next time a huntsman shows up around here.

And... did I tell you about the time I saw a big ol’ wasp dragging a dead huntsman back to its lair? I got a bit too close to snap a photo and the wasp dropped the spider to fly over at me to scare me off. Mission accomplished, wasp! I ran, let me tell you.

I had that exact experience with a wasp carrying a spider, except the spider didn’t seem quite dead. The hornet chased my brother and I and we ran so fast :lol:

Advertisement