As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Dear......

riotproof

Dear men who rape and sexually harass women,

From time immemorial us women have been told if you don't want to be raped then we must:

Dress appropriately

Don't go out at night

Don't lead the man on

Don't get drunk

Learn self defense

Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that

Etc etc etc

Well I'd like to make it easier for all of us and tell you about an easy solution and that is:

Men, do not rape or sexually harass women/young girls. problem solved. You're welcome.

Sincerely,

every female on the planet.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magic_marker

• Seayork2002

• Ker

• Ernegirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Niece

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.

This is a letter I really wish I could send.

I’m so sorry. Are you ok?

Thank you, Kadoodle. I'm rolling on minus a wheel, but rolling on xx

Dear men who rape and sexually harass women,

From time immemorial us women have been told if you don't want to be raped then we must:

Dress appropriately

Don't go out at night

Don't lead the man on

Don't get drunk

Learn self defense

Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that

Etc etc etc

Well I'd like to make it easier for all of us and tell you about an easy solution and that is:

Men, do not rape or sexually harass women/young girls. problem solved. You're welcome.

Sincerely,

every female on the planet.

Hear hear!

Dear Mum

I don’t give a shit that you d befriended the ‘lovely young Vietnamese man down the back’ and that he rang you during lockdown to see if you needed anything. Because he “respects his elders”.

You know full well why I don’t offer to help you out. You’re a manipulative narcissist and you’re actually bloody lucky after the way you’ve behaved, that I’m willing to still see you so you can maintain contact with the kids.

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Ahh that’s better 😊

Dear co-worker,

I really wish you hadn't confided in me. You have put me in a difficult position between keeping my promise to you and being honest with my employer. I must also admit that what you have told me has made me lose respect for you. You have deceived both myself and other colleagues intentionally for your own benefit. You have lied to me on numerous occasions while trying to foster a friendship between us. Did you ever really want to be friends?

I dont know if I can keep your secret much longer, especially when I no longer really like the person you are and would not be all that bothered if you were forced to leave, however I would hate to go back on my word.

I hope you will come clean soon so that this problem will stop plaguing me.

Dear companies,

STOP sending 'we want feedback' back email and mobile popups and text messages

sometimes it comes when I even walk past a store

if I go to 5 shops today (example) I am not going to fill out 5 survey feedback survey things

JUST STOP!

(yes I am sure I could trun off location but I should not have to)

StillFreddiesMum

Seayork - I was buying medicine in a pharmacy once (pre-Covid) and I was using my eftpos card to pay - the machine that you swipe to pay had an extra step for the 'feedback' -

"please pay $43" -

me "OK, can I just swipe my card please"

"yes, but there is a survey you have to do before you can pay"

and she hands me the holder thingy and I had to put in a number between 1 and 9 rating their 'service'.

I looked incredibly baffled and just asked the assistant what number I should put in, she took the holder thingy, punched a few numbers, and then handed it back to me to pay.

Dear poisonous person at work

Admit you don’t have all the answers. Listen to people. Stop hiding information that reflects badly on you. Stop trying to control everything and everyone.

Sincerely,

Fed up colleagues.

Seayork - I was buying medicine in a pharmacy once (pre-Covid) and I was using my eftpos card to pay - the machine that you swipe to pay had an extra step for the 'feedback' -

"please pay $43" -

me "OK, can I just swipe my card please"

"yes, but there is a survey you have to do before you can pay"

and she hands me the holder thingy and I had to put in a number between 1 and 9 rating their 'service'.

I looked incredibly baffled and just asked the assistant what number I should put in, she took the holder thingy, punched a few numbers, and then handed it back to me to pay.

I had this once the bloke who served me and I both thought it was ridiculous

Father who I don’t have a relationship with,

When your wife died and I rang you to pass on my condolences, you apologised for “letting me down” around your divorce from my Mum.

If that’s an apology it obviously isn’t much (41 years ago since Mum kicked him out) and especially because you then waged a vindictive legal war on my mother, which by extension hurt your children, without compunction and with much bitterness and poor me tactics.

I thought the violence was the worst but let’s be honest, I barely knew the extent of that, what I think hurts the most is that you did everything you could to refuse child support (over 7 long years and multiple court cases). I had no school shoes for my first day at kindergarten and you looked me in the eye and said “she can go to school barefoot.”

I know now that you actually had to go to school barefoot and you were very scarred by that but I really don’t think it’s okay that your feelings led to you hurting your own children so much.

So, I want to check on you one week after your wife’s funeral because I care that a human being is suffering such a horrific loss, but really I think I need to keep boundaries because I don’t think I should count on your comment being a real apology given your grief.

Long ago I came to terms with the knowledge that you wouldn’t be able to self reflect and see how unbelievably awful you were because your psyche would probably fracture of you tried.

These 3 words “let you down” have stirred up a lot of emotion,

In the main a childish hope that you might be a real father - you know, an actual one.

Given our history I think we might need to both retreat back to our lives - you to rebuild your life as a widower, and me to remember that you didn’t love me because you just weren’t wired that way.

Sincerely and sadly,

Your third child

Feeling for you [mention]Vicbitt99[/mention] - haven’t spoke to my dad in 12 years and no intention to do so any time soon. You are very kind to have reached out when he was in need, but protect yourself x

Feeling for you @Vicbitt99 - haven’t spoke to my dad in 12 years and no intention to do so any time soon. You are very kind to have reached out when he was in need, but protect yourself x

Thanks [mention]nomviv[/mention] - the things is we never had a relationship so I really shouldn’t miss it and I don’t usually. It’s just “hope, whispers one more time” that I still can’t seem to grow out of.

Dear Me,

Get over it - you had no relationship, you’re used to this.

And, you’re kind of getting annoying!

Me!

Feeling for you @Vicbitt99 - haven’t spoke to my dad in 12 years and no intention to do so any time soon. You are very kind to have reached out when he was in need, but protect yourself x

Thanks @nomviv - the things is we never had a relationship so I really shouldn’t miss it and I don’t usually. It’s just “hope, whispers one more time” that I still can’t seem to grow out of.

Dear Me,

Get over it - you had no relationship, you’re used to this.

And, you’re kind of getting annoying!

Me!

I've had those feelings. Due to councelling l realised he was never going to be the father l needed so in the end l grieved the loss of the father l never got.

[mention]Vicbitt99[/mention] I couldn't imagine talking to a parent who had treated me like that, let alone having the compassion you have for him. I'm sorry he can never been the father you deserve. Huge hugs.

Dear husband and children-

If you keep starting your dinner before I have even sat down because I’ve been busy getting everything ready and none of you have lifted a finger, I will either yell or stop making anything other than the pesto spaghetti that only I like to eat and the rest of you can figure it out.

(Yes even the two year old)

(Independence has to start at some point)

Sincerely, me.

Phillipa Crawford

Dear Brother and SiL

I know you really don't like family gatherings, unless they are on your terms.

I know you recently informed me that I failed communication 101 and that I shouldn't be surprised if there was 'push back' over our organisation for Mum's 85th. A party which has apparently surprised you and not left you enough time to attend, even thought it's not happening until mid September.

But today was our nephews engagement party. The first of the grandkids to get engaged (and there are only 7 who potentially will, of whom 2 are your own).

I can JUST come to grips with your son not attending, competitive sport and all that.

But you 3 left early, before speeches, before toasts having drunk your fill at the bar and eaten the canapes.

You left early because your 17 year old had a party she wanted to go to.

That's just not OK

Your attitude to a family who bends over backwards to keep the peace you want to stomp all over IS JUST NOT OK.

Thank you

Advertisement