• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seayork2002

• Jolly_F

• Dusty

• MissHLH

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Probably hasn’t helped that I’ve had so many comments about it.

From my size 10 mother while I was in high school about how I’d be a perfect candidate for this new surgery called liposuction to my aunt telling me how I have horrible legs while I was 9, to being told so often that I can’t wear anything short because my legs are terrible.

We've called a truce!

I've been very mindful to avoid any focus on appearance for my DD, because I think the pressure on younger generations to look a certain way has really increased in the past 20 years.

I used to have an hourglass which I really should have appreciated more. I did quite like it, but mommy dearest's comments about my fat legs, bum, boobs etc didn't help. Now I'm an apple and I don't really like it. But it is what it is

Good grief no.

I hate my body but I have never been body shamed. After being in my accident I am also covered in scars which I do not like to look at nor do I like people looking at.

I have F breasts that are horrible and heavy, the weird thing is that despite 5 kids and fluctuating weights I have a flat stomach so the boob situation is more obvious.

Edited by STBG +2

If there wasn't so much fat on it it'd probably be ok... I wish I'd appreciated it when I was young and not fat, but I always felt fat so it wasn't until I was actually fat that I looked back at photos and realized I was once skinny

Yep I do, it’s not perfect but I’ve been working on it with exercise and good eating, and I have a 12 year old daughter who is very body conscious and I want to be a positive role model. I used to have awful self image as a teen and always thought I was fat (I definitely wasn’t)

ETA I do sometimes wish I was taller!! I’m only 5’4 or 165cm

I don’t give it a heap of thought day to day. Thinking on it to answer this topic, I like my shape more since having babies than before - I have curves I never had before babies and those curves tend to suit a lot of clothes I like to wear. Ideally I would have one less curve but my belly is where I carry extra weight and I’m currently overweight. Again it’s not something I think about day to day, I’m trying to exercise more and eat better because those things make me feel healthier, and any weight loss will be a nice side effect.

I've had so many body issues over the years. Since having kids I have a greater appreciation for my body. I don't love it but I am also more accepting. I am trying to model body positivity to my girls so they can avoid some of what I went through (thanks parents!). So I've dialled down the body hate talk (even internally) and it has helped enormously.

I am currently trying to gently get rid of the stubborn extra kilos that turned up with baby #3. But I also would much rather have had the baby + the baby weight than not have the baby at all (which honestly looked like a real possibility at one point). Mostly I am just trying to practice a more healthy lifestyle, which helps my MH too.

If there wasn't so much fat on it it'd probably be ok... I wish I'd appreciated it when I was young and not fat, but I always felt fat so it wasn't until I was actually fat that I looked back at photos and realized I was once skinny

This ^^^^ As a teen and into early adulthood I had an hourglass figure and big boobs and always felt fat.....now I look at photos from those days and "wish" I was that "fat" :lol:

I've always hated it, and then looked back and thought, "Hey! What was I thinking, I looked good!"

I used to be a stick insect (thanks to a mother who didn't want fat daughters, so underfed us). Then I morphed into an hourglass, which I of course thought was fat. Now I'm more like a sack of potatoes with a waist lol

Working on losing weight very slowly. If I turn back into an hourglass I'll be happy now.

Yes. I’m not particularly fond of the 10 odd kgs of squishyness that currently cover my nice shape but that’s self inflicted through wine, cheese and other things I enjoy very much so I can’t complain.

I don't mind it. I would need to lose 10kg to be back at my pre-baby weight, but I am tall-ish and the weight is evenly distributed so it doesn't bother me that much.

At the end of the day my body has birthed 3 kids, allows me to move around and do the things I want to do, and for that I am grateful.

Advertisement