IGNORED

I've only just realised...

Ernegirl

That ooshies are pencil toppers. Mind blown!

DD came in yesterday brandishing her pencil with a Lion King ooshie, and I was genuinely surprised. At least those ooshies now have a function beyond acting out the Pride Rock narrative ad infinitum.

What have you realised that you didn't know you didn't know?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl

• Jolly_F

• Princess Peach

• Fizgig

Top Posters In This Topic

That it's illegal to have rabbits as pets in Queensland.

They just call then long eared guinea pigs ;) :lol:

I was about to say, really? Because I'm sure I know a few qlders with rabbits

I've just realised I had a good one and have forgotten it

Oh I remember I think I mentioned it earlier this week on here maybe but there is a hook on some petrol covers that you can hang the petrol cap on when you are getting petrol

I dont actually drive but I am the petrol getter when I am in a car

That it's illegal to have rabbits as pets in Queensland.

It’s even on the signs as you drive into Qld. Our first time driving in we were like wtf :lol:

So every time you see rabbits for sale in Qld they are listed as long eared guinea pigs!!

I was singing "Sing a Song of Sixpence" to DD2 a couple of weeks ago and it dawned on me that the name "Four and Twenty" for the pie company was based on that nursery rhyme.

ClaudiaCosette

I was singing "Sing a Song of Sixpence" to DD2 a couple of weeks ago and it dawned on me that the name "Four and Twenty" for the pie company was based on that nursery rhyme.

Oh wow. I sing that song a lot with my kids and I never realised that!

That in the original lion king when sarabi tells Mufasa his son is awake, he says "before sunrise, he's your son" and that when adult Simba tells Timon he wants to use him as live bait, Timon says "what do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?" Funny how in 2021 these things are noticeable!!!

That there’s no wild koalas in WA! I’ve lived here 11 years..found out about 3 months ago

oh no, because of habitat destruction? That's really sad.

Actually, they weren't in WA when European settlers came though there is evidence that they did live in the South West at one time.

From Wikipedia:

The koala's geographic range covers roughly 1,000,000 km2 (390,000 sq mi), and 30 ecoregions.[53] It extends throughout eastern and southeastern Australia, encompassing northeastern, central and southeastern Queensland, eastern New South Wales, Victoria, and southeastern South Australia. The koala was introduced near Adelaide and on several islands, including Kangaroo Island and French Island.[1] The population on Magnetic Island represents the northern limit of its range.[53] [highlight=yellow]Fossil evidence shows that the koala's range stretched as far west as southwestern Western Australia during the late Pleistocene. They were likely driven to extinction in these areas by environmental changes and hunting by Indigenous Australians. [/highlight][54] In South Australia, koalas were extirpated by the early 20th century and subsequently reintroduced.[55] Koalas can be found in habitats ranging from relatively open forests to woodlands, and in climates ranging from tropical to cool temperate.[31] In semi-arid climates, they prefer riparian habitats, where nearby streams and creeks provide refuge during times of drought and extreme heat.[56]

Not Escapin Xmas

That there’s no wild koalas in WA! I’ve lived here 11 years..found out about 3 months ago

Not in this case, just different fauna in different parts of the country. There’s no wombats either!!

Fruitmincepies

Not in this case, just different fauna in different parts of the country. There’s no wombats either!!

I just learnt the other day that there are wombats on the south coast of WA, at the eastern end near the SA border. I now want to go see them!

ETA https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-21/southern-hairy-nosed-wombat-nullarbor-march-wombats-wa/13173482

Well I only just realised that echidnas live all over Australia. I don’t know why but I assumed they only lived in the south east (much like koalas)

Then I saw a photo of a python eating an echidna and I mentally went “but we don’t have large pythons in Victoria.... oooooh”

Well I only just realised that echidnas live all over Australia. I don’t know why but I assumed they only lived in the south east (much like koalas)

Then I saw a photo of a python eating an echidna and I mentally went “but we don’t have large pythons in Victoria.... oooooh”

and in New Guinea

Princess Peach

It’s even on the signs as you drive into Qld. Our first time driving in we were like wtf :lol:

So every time you see rabbits for sale in Qld they are listed as long eared guinea pigs!!

I was just having a conversation earlier this week with a vet nurse about the big crackdown on illegal rabbit ownership in qld.

You can have them if you are a magician, but the government powers are starting to circle.

Meanwhile I still think it’s BS & cannot figure out why you can’t just get a license to own a desexed rabbit.

I was just having a conversation earlier this week with a vet nurse about the big crackdown on illegal rabbit ownership in qld.

You can have them if you are a magician, but the government powers are starting to circle.

Meanwhile I still think it’s BS & cannot figure out why you can’t just get a license to own a desexed rabbit.

Best line ever ‘you can have them if you are a magician’! I have this image of a magicians union (all dressed in capes of course) picketing to ensure they can keep their rabbits. 😆

Princess Peach

Best line ever ‘you can have them if you are a magician’! I have this image of a magicians union (all dressed in capes of course) picketing to ensure they can keep their rabbits. 😆

:lol:

The mental image of this is priceless - actually I needed this giggle today.

I also learnt this weekend how to change a spark plug on my lawn mower that I could never start.

Bunnings sells a spark plug set for about $19. Get the old spark plug out using the set. Take this to Bunnings with you and get a couple of replacements. Easy to put back in.

Yes I was looking at a new lawn mower and this cost under $30 bucks including the spark plug set.

I just realised that there is a little arrow on the dash board which shows which side of the car the petroleum gets filled in on.

This is something I learned waaay too late :lol:

Advertisement