• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mooguru

• Lurker

• Silverstreak

• Twin2

Top Posters In This Topic

My kids have a habit of loudly commenting on my period if they’re in a cubicle with me in public toilets. “Mum, why is your vagina bleeding?” I don’t find it that embarrassing, though it probably embarrasses others in earshot.

When you're out to dinner and they loudly announce to everyone in the restaurant that they need to do a poo.

And then when they're in the toilet and they sing while doing it and give a full range of accompanying sound effects while people are waiting outside.

Not to mention their interrogation of what you'll be doing while you're in there.

But I also remember asking my mum really loudly in a pharmacy while on holiday what a condom was, and she had tried so hard to leave me outside with my siblings and dad!

Oh, sure. Back when DD2 was small enough that she had to come into the public loo stall with me.

DD2, very loud: "Hey Mummy! Why do you have a furry bottom?"

Thanks, kid...

When my DD was little she was obsessed with her toy lamb who she called her little sister. One day we were at a large shopping centre and I suggested she leave her toy in the car. So she wouldn't get lost I ran into an old work colleague who asked me if I had any other kids and DD says extremely loudly..I have a little sister but mummy made me leave her in the car... you should have seen the looks from the other shoppers!

Last year during the height of Covid, DS and I were out walking and he kept pointing at a lady. She became quite flustered and explained that she was trying to adjust her mask, as it kept slipping down. Then DS said "Cow."

It turned out that DS was just impressed that the lady was wearing a black and white cow print top and a matching cow print mask, lol! (Luckily she didn't hear DS say cow.) I chuckled about it all the way home.

My very loud and body confident 5 year old daughter made up a little song and dance that goes "Big fat tum-MY, big fat bot-TOM, big fat VAGINA"

It was funny in the loungeroom. Not so funny in the checkout line.

Every public toilet trip lately... "Are ya doing a poo or a wee? With your vagina or your willy?" And then of course the early opening of the stall, fucks sake.

As a result of breastfeeding (so I'm blaming DS) I had really bad mastitis that put me in hospital and it was excruciating. A Dr came in and politely asked to take a look and I ripped my top off grateful for the relief of having the material away from my purple and red swollen, boiling hot boob and it was actually the person asking to get the menu selection from me. Oops.

My kids have a habit of loudly commenting on my period if they’re in a cubicle with me in public toilets. “Mum, why is your vagina bleeding?” I don’t find it that embarrassing, though it probably embarrasses others in earshot.

My kids do this too *facepalm*

Just yesterday we were discussing the fact that I am supposed to collect my nephew from the train, take him to an appointment and put him back on the train the next day (probably). I am busy on the day of the appointment and my BIL (his father) hasn’t contacted me to tell me the time. I was asking my SIL (an aunt as well) if she knew what was going on. They live regionally.

Backstory last time our nephew stayed at Christmas he did some stuff that really peeved me off.

My DS very loudly said in front of all the in-laws “but you said it would be twenty years until you let DN back in our house”.

I nearly died.

Not Escapin Xmas

I was on the bus with DD when she was about 4. She pointed at the bloke across from me and said 'THAT MAN HAS A VERY SMALL HEAD!' while helpfully pointing at him. When I tried to shush her, DD got annoyed and said 'but he DOES, Mummy, look!!'. OMG. Poor bloke. He moved to the back of the bus. I felt terrible. DD couldn't work out what the problem was. Thanks kid.

PS: he did have a very small head...lololol

Literally Nobody

Yep whilst standing in the supermarket reading the ingredients on an item, Ds2 took a a run up behind me and launched himself onto my skirt which had an elastic waist - pulled it right down to the ground leaving me standing there in my ugly undies and shirt. I can laugh now but the sudden silence in the supermarket was very apparent right then. SO humiliating, i drove home fuming and when Dh got home i burst into hysterics tears. And Ds2 wasn’t little exactly- he was 7.! :lol:

I am sure there have been countless embarrassing incidents over the years but a couple I remember:

I was going out one evening and had booked our usual babysitter. She was very good but not always punctual which as stressful if I was trying to wrangle 3 little kids, get ready on time etc. Anyway one evening she was running late again and when she finally turned up DD (3 years) greeted her at the door with "Mum said this is the last time you are babysitting because you always turn up so bloody late"

Another time we were on the train and there was a heavily tattooed man near us. DD (again about 3 years old) told him he shouldn't have scribbled all over himself with textas and now he would have to have a bath to wash it all off.

I am sure there have been countless embarrassing incidents over the years but a couple I remember:

I was going out one evening and had booked our usual babysitter. She was very good but not always punctual which as stressful if I was trying to wrangle 3 little kids, get ready on time etc. Anyway one evening she was running late again and when she finally turned up DD (3 years) greeted her at the door with "Mum said this is the last time you are babysitting because you always turn up so bloody late"

Another time we were on the train and there was a heavily tattooed man near us. DD (again about 3 years old) told him he shouldn't have scribbled all over himself with textas and now he would have to have a bath to wash it all off.

I hate late people so I actually would have secretly loved this. Maybe I should borrow your daughter for the late people in my life.

Its the loud questioning of other peoples bad behaviour/choices that really gets to me.

Smoking in particular. "is that person smoking going to die?".

My niece does this to smokers too and she's not little, she's in high school!

Once years ago I was in line at the supermarket and a kid said to his mum "mummy look at that fat man" and instead of telling him off or apologising to the fat guy she said "well that's what will happen to you if you eat too many lollies". It had nothing to do with me but I was horrified.

I did once overhear "look how white that lady's legs are" about me but tbf to the little shit they are very white.

Dumping clothes in a department store on the floor and when I asked them to pick them up saying very loudly "no, people get paid for that, why should I do it??'

Everyone looked at me like I was the one who taught her that. Stepmother! Not mother!

ClaudiaCosette

I hadn't announced my pregnancy yet and DS helpfully told one of my friends that I had been throwing up every day. So that was my announcement.

"Mummy, what happened to your penis?"

"I don't have one"

"So what happened to it?"

"I have never had one."

"So how can the wee come out?"

<--- the conversation held every time we went to a public toilet together from age 3-5. He never asked when he walked into the toilet to have a conversation with me when we were at home....

The time when he was three when he rode up to my seat at a playcentre on a tricycle, completely naked. I never did find his undies (reminded by the threenager thread....)

My son telling his teacher he hit his head when he fell over when his dad was chasing him with a hammer, he didn’t mention it was a Bunnings blow up hammer.

When he told another teacher that his dad smashed up the house that night, we were renovating!!!

My son telling his teacher he hit his head when he fell over when his dad was chasing him with a hammer, he didn’t mention it was a Bunnings blow up hammer.

When he told another teacher that his dad smashed up the house that night, we were renovating!!!

I bet the child protection workers got a laugh out of that one :lol:

When DS was little (about 2ish) I taught him the following:

• What does the green light mean? Go

What does the red light mean? Stop

What does the orange light mean? Go faster

What does the blue light mean? You're busted!

Well one day I got pulled over by the police and DS starts at the top of his voice 'What does a blue light mean? You're busted except the you're busted sounded too much like You Bastard right as the cop walked up to my window.

Sancti-claws

My darling was about 5 when she observed at the supermarket (regarding the person in the line in front of us) "that man has a HUGE salami"

She was 7 when she told her grandmother and aunt (mother and sister of my deceased ex) that "Mummy was dancing naked on her boyfriend's lap"

The younger daughter would never embarrass me (well, except for the tantrums and being rude) because she is far too concerned with our embarrassment factor for her)

Its the loud questioning of other peoples bad behaviour/choices that really gets to me.

Smoking in particular. "is that person smoking going to die?".

My DS dramatically coughs if we walk past smokers. It was better when he was younger and would see a smoker we needed to get past - he would take a huge deep breath and hold it till we got past! :lol:

I don’t really think they’ve ever embarrassed me in public.

Advertisement