IGNORED

Your stupid

Darryl

No it's not a grammatical error or an insult :upside_down:

Kids seem to have a talent for coming up with stupid, dangerous ideas and then seeing them through.

Tell us about your stupid childhood escapades. Bones heal, but the stories are forever. :head_bandage:

Seayork2002

I have had to shout 'stop swinging that axe around your head and put it down now!'

I am not sure if my grandmother knows my dad used to blow dynamite up on a eastern suburbs beach in the 1950's

Oh in Aberdeen ds climbed about 50 feet or so when he was about 3, we had to use bribery to get him down.

My contributions to this hall of shame include (I'll stick to the highlights):

Attempting to show off by doing a backflip on the trampoline. It was good the first time, the second time I'm pretty sure the sly hand of fate nudged me off-balance while in mid-air.

Result: shattered left forearm and eternal shame.

Using my family's giant, half-mad Labrador to tow me up and down hilly streets on rollerblades.

Result: compound fracture of my right forearm.

Dinking on my bike through a park at night when my mate and I both grabbed for the brakes to avoid a bollard. The front brakes worked much better than the back ones did.

Result: broken collarbone

This was a question from my mum to the doctor during one of the many trips to hospital:

"He seems to break a lot of bones, should we get some kind of test done?"

"No need, his bones are good and strong. He just does stupid things". 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 3

Fruitmincepies

I was a very sensible kid, so I got nothing. I did like to read books while sitting at the top of a very tall tree (well above the house roof), but I had a good spot and had no issues. Used to freak the neighbour out!

I was also a very sensible kid, but I used to climb onto the roof of the house to read as well!

Most of my stupid things involved being drunk in my 20s.. I shudder thinking of all the unsafe situations, unsafe people/places/sex etc that I got myself into, and I was a renowned square.

Seayork2002

I remember leaving home after an,argument with my mum so I caught the bus then rang her straight away and said 'please come and get me'

It was a busy lunch time, I left home for about 20 minutes in the end

Leaning back on a swing because I wanted to see the world upside down and taking the skin off my forehead. We had school photos the next day too so the "look" was preserved forever.

My brother wanted to show me a creek nearby. We lived in surburbia but there was a farm over the road from the people who lived behind us. To get to the creek we had to cross a paddock surrounded by a barbed wire fence. Got to the creek okay but we were charged at by a bull on the way back and just made it through the fence.

Making traps for the milkman by digging holes and filling with dog poo and broken glass and covering with twigs and grass clippings and hiding and waiting in anticipation to see if he would step on them (thankfully he never did)

My brother used to make homemade bombs and set them off in peoples letterboxes.

We did so many stupid things as kids but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

• Surprised 1

Does it count if you break both ankles in your parents lounge room but were 41?

Only if you tell us the story behind it :lol:

Does it count if you break both ankles in your parents lounge room but were 41?

Only if you tell us the story behind it :lol:

Its been hashed on both this EB and 9 EB.

Back in July, I did the dick van dyke heel click in parents lounge.

The hilarious bit was my dad said to Triple 0 "my daughter has hurt her ankles". Without explaining his age or mine. They didnt understand why we wanted to wait an hour and a hour for an ambulance... Apparently my 71yo father was to just scoop me up and take me to the hospital himself.

6 nights in hospital, one surgery 2 pins, in one foot. (Tib/fi fractures)

And a ruptured ATFL, and two other foot bones broken in the other foot.

• Surprised 1

StillFreddiesMum

When he was a small child - I think about 8 or 6 years old - DH decided to take his younger cousins on a walk - left home and crossed a river. He doesn't remember actually doing it - he just remembers that he frightened his Mum and Dad so much, that he got his butt whipped.

I'm pleased another PP mentioned crossing a paddock with a bull in it. We lived in a small town but if you drove 10 minutes in any direction you were in the country and some of our Aunts / Uncles / cousins lived in the country. I strongly remember crossing a paddock with a bull in it and he charged at us. I never did that again !

• Like 1

Lukes mummi

When I was about 11 this city girl decided to go for a walk in the bush while visiting a family friend. Then we decided to take a shortcut home. 4 hours later the SES were out looking for us. We ended us knocking at a strangers house who drive us home.

VeritasVinumArte

I also used to climb a tree to climb up to the 2nd storey roof of a friend’s house so we could chat in private. I was under 12 when I did this. I think I would kill my kids if they attempted the same.

My bones are very strong. Despite multiple attempts to break them as a child I never managed to do so (I desperately wanted a cast in Primary School).

Sancti-claws

My sister and I were playing Sisco Kid and Pancho at the bottom of the hill while my mother had a rest (she was 9 1/2 months pregnant at the time). It was REALLY hot and the river was RIGHT THERE. And we made sure nobody saw us by ducking beneath the water if anyone with speedboats came past. Mum was a little bit angry when she came down and fished us out (didn't even give us time to put our clothes back on) and took us back up to the house.

My sister and I were playing quietly on the back cement sliding things back and forth between us - balls, then boots, then hammers. Actually, the hammers eventually became airborn. Mum was a little bit angry at that last bit.

My sister and I got the night off washing up as we had a few big days mustering behind us and a few big days mustering in front of us. It was January 8, and we had only just received the trampoline for Christmas so it was so tempting. We forgot Mum's stupid rules of "one at a time on the trampoline" as we weren't even meant to be on the trampoline at all anyway. It was so much fun - bouncing together and then getting each other to do the super bounce and then trying it with the other doing sits and knees and stuff. And the term "its all fun and games until someone breaks a leg" really is true.

squeekums-the-elf

I kicked a step while drinking, didnt notice that i broke my toe until a few weeks later when im like that still hurts?

My toe healed in an odd way and i cant bend it

Was running out to a mates car, slipped on gravel, got foot wedged between gutter and car tyre

I believe i broke my foot, it was purple within the hour and double the size, couldnt put pressure on it for weeks. Never saw a dr, i just self medicated. When i could put weight on it and wear shoes again i discovered shoes id had worn no issues now didnt fit right and hurt/were too tight across the top of my foot

Me and a mate decided that we could pull/push a trailer up a driveway as she wasnt confident reversing it.

Well my legs went under, upper body stayed put, my back was stuffed, 3 days bedridden, by the 4th i forced myself out of bed cos housemates were threatening to take me to hospital. I have back pain to this day from it

Was a party, was indulging in some substances, picked up a bit of wood i thought hadnt been of the fire to throw it on, i thought it was a bit warm on my hand, no, it was full coals, blistered the shit out of my hand, was all good that night, didnt feel a thing but the next day OMFG. That took a couple weeks to heal

I was trying to cut a plastic bottle, slipped, stabbed my pinky finger, maybe could have used a stitch or 2. I just hid in bathroom from dp and dd with a roll of paper towel, it eventually stopped bleeding and healed fine

Almost set a house on fire. Apparently if your burning burger patties in the frypan and they start smoking, you DONT add water.......

Same as you dont leave a steamer pot on, i burnt away all the water, pot ruined

ImperatorFuriosa

I decided to shave my arm with my mums razor after copying her shaving her legs. I'm 40 and the scars are still obvious.

I actually have had my mouth washed out with soap by my mum.

I got my ass smacked while in kindy.

I used to climb on to the roof and jump off using a plastic bag as a parachute.

My mum napped a lot, (very ill), I would climb through the picket fence and go sit in people's cars. One day I found her looking like Agent Smith at the bottom of the alley way looking very angry. I asked her if we were going shopping. Lol

I called Murray an idiot in year 3 and I got detention. In fact I got detention a lot that year.

I would ride a skateboard down the highest hill, I never got hurt.

I used to run through the bush with no shoes. Ended up with something sharp going through my foot and needing stitches.

Was visiting my grand aunties farm. I thought it would be a good idea to walk up the paddock to visit the wild horses. Cue me running for life back towards the house with 5 horses after me.

Used to go walk about around the block, I was 4.

• Like 1

I spent my childhood playing out in the neighbourhood from dusk to dawn unsupervised. I was allowed to do this from 3 years and sometimes I supervised my 2 year old sister. Of course, it helped that there were virtually no cars on the road once the men went to work and you didn't see another car again until around 5pm.

We went to people's houses who had kids our ages, played by and in the creek, played in the paddocks and just had lots of fun, but we never seemed to hurt ourselves.

I do remember one dramatic event inside our home though involving my sister and I when we were about 7 and 8. We lived in a small 1960's home that had a hallway that allowed full circle access to every room. My mother was defrosting the freezer (a regular task in those days) and my sister and I were playing chasey through the house and had been told to stop numerous times as mum was unloading the freezer and we were in her way every time we completed a circuit through the kitchen.

Our last circuit ended when my sister ran full pelt into the open freezer door and knocked it off a hinge. It must have hurt like hell, but there was no time for sympathy because my mother lost her shit and picked up the kitchen broom and began chasing my sister around the circuit beating her with the broom.

Now you know why we liked to play outside all day!

Seayork2002

I used to forge my mums signature to get out of PE and other school things, I would have loved to say it was to do something rebellious but it was to either read a book or go to the library

Is it wrong I'm thinking of teaching DD to do my signature once she starts highschool and wants to get out of PE?

I once sharpened my finger. I knew as I did it it was dumb, but little old me stuck her pinky finger in the pencil sharpener and gave it a little *twist*.

I THINK maybe I was testing it was as sharp as it looked, but really, I have no idea why.

Seayork2002

Is it wrong I'm thinking of teaching DD to do my signature once she starts highschool and wants to get out of PE?

I once sharpened my finger. I knew as I did it it was dumb, but little old me stuck her pinky finger in the pencil sharpener and gave it a little *twist*.

I THINK maybe I was testing it was as sharp as it looked, but really, I have no idea why.

I did tell my mum but as I had 2 younger siblings and I was considered the 'sensible one' (that thought even scares me) she was happy for me to do it as it meant I could sign excursion forms and any other non 'official' documents, for me and my siblings one less thing for her to have to worry about

For a second there I was thinking ... oh no ... not the ELECTRIC sharpener!

I've got one from today!

I was changing the battery in my car and at a critical moment I dropped the spanner across the battery terminals and onto the chassis.

Some unscheduled welding occured :lol:

Advertisement