IGNORED

Who was your first favourite band or singer?

Ernegirl

Another generation excavation lol

Mine was A-ha. I look back with rose tinted spectacles and still think they were a deep and meaningful teen band :-)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seayork2002

• Ernegirl

• Lesley225

• Secret 7

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzi Quatro probably. Didn't know most of the words, but oh my god the SOUND!

I did know "I'm a blue eyed bitch and I wanna get rich" though. Much to my mother's dismay.

New kids on the block. I was obsessed! Knew all the lyrics and the dance moves, my room was covered in posters. I even had a few of their dolls.

Abba here too... I had the bubble gum/swap cards, socks and remember when my mum took me to the movie when I was 3 or 4..

I also wouldn’t go to sleep unless I had the BeeGees playing either... yes old here too 😆

Edited by charli73

ABBA, Suzi Quatro and The Village People were the main family favourites, but my first albums that were just mine, were The Bangles and Tiffany.

I wouldn’t say that I was obsessed with anybody or group though. We had lots of modern music in our lives when young as our parents were young compared to most and we did a lot of driving, so listened to lots of music.

Edited by BECZ

Another generation excavation lol

Mine was A-ha. I look back with rose tinted spectacles and still think they were a deep and meaningful teen band :-)

A-ha for me too. I was OBSESSED! I was going to marry Morton Harket. Funny I recently had a bit of a Google after the last thread about crushes🤣🤣

Cat Stevens. Maybe it was the name.

I read your response and was immediately inspired to play 'My Lady Durbanville' on Spotify. What a voice...

I do not think it was the name.

Cat Stevens. Maybe it was the name.

I read your response and was immediately inspired to play 'My Lady Durbanville' on Spotify. What a voice...

I do not think it was the name.

Dad’s go to was Iron Maiden/Deep Purple/Iron Butterfly and Mum’s was Cold Chisel and Bruce Springsteen. We all rebel in our own ways, lol.

Cat Stevens is one of my Mums favs, it's funny to think of it as the music of rebellion :lol:

Listening to Cold Chisel or Springsteen would have earned me some funny looks though, I only heard that stuff much later.

Seayork2002

Yeah Cat Stevens was one of my early music memories, I liked songs and still do but I have never been 'into' anyone or band or anything really

After Abba as a child my next big thing as a proper teenager was Split Enz and they're still my favourite although i prefer their 70s stuff.

Advertisement