IGNORED

Stanky House

ImperatorFuriosa

In the last unit that we rented, it was pretty obvious that previous tenants had had cats due to the rips in the fly screens. When we had a burst pipe, the lounge/dining area carpet got wet. We had recently bought a carpet cleaner, so just sucked it up with that. As it was drying, the smell of urine was horrible. It did however disappear once the carpet was completely dry (another day or two).

The smell did return when we got the carpets shampooed as we left and the landlord did an inspection (was thinking of selling) after the realestate agent (who said there was no smell when she did the inspection). I told her that we had the same thing happen when we had the water leak. It didn’t smell at first, but did for the next couple of days. Luckily I had also pointed out the rips in the screens on my report and noted that they appeared to be form cats.

I did use some Shake and Vac as well, but not sure if it made any long term difference or not.

Hopefully your carpet will stop smelling soon too OP.

We had this too - carpet would only smell when when if it was a humid/rainy day. Apparently the little pee crystals in the carpet don’t smell when they are dry but when they absorb some moisture the stink comes back 😞

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImperatorFuriosa

• Paddlepop

• Jenflea

• pelagic

Top Posters In This Topic