IGNORED

10 year anniversary ideas

Purpleblaze

Purpleblaze

DH and I have our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up next month and we're wondering how to celebrate. We have 3 young children so happy to leave them at my parents while we go away for a couple of days. We are in Melbourne and not keen to travel interstate.

Does anyone know of any nice places to stay or eat at (not necessarily fine dining just good food) somewhere regional? We often stay in the CBD so looking to get out to a winery or something similar. Peninsula hot springs we've done and weren't overly impressed. Werribee mansion we've also done and have gone hot air ballooning. Happy to drive out a couple of hours and we like our little luxuries (ie: king bed yes, a shower in the bath no).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purpleblaze

• lazycritter

• MsLaurie

• MyOMy

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alias Grace

We’re also celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next month and are planning to go to Daylesford/Hepburn Springs for the weekend. Beautiful spot, lots of nice restaurants and accommodation, and not too far from Melbourne.

We recently stayed 2 nights at Jackalope, it was wonderful. When we arrived we had massages then did their dinner, it was the best meal I’d had in a long time! We did a private winery tour the next day which was great to visit some off the beaten track places, we had lunch at Pt Leo which again was amazing. It was nice to not have to drive and just take our time and be leisurely. We had a slow morning then enjoyed jacaklope and it’s amazing art before lunch at rare hare, then back to the reality of home and children 🤣 I highly recommend it and would go back in a second!!

You could do similar in the yarra valley, we’ve stayed at RACV club in healesville which is beautiful and done private tours there too, and we’ve done hot air ballooning which leaves from yarra valley very early in the morning but well

worth it.

Beechworh abs Bright are also lovely little places to visit and meander around.

Or a little road trip along the great ocean road? We did Apollo bay, warnambool, halls gap loop which was nice and relaxing, lots of varied scenery and wonderful places to stop.

Advertisement