• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jerry

• TheGreenSheep

• magic_marker

• Cstar

Top Posters In This Topic

How's your face today? My gums swelled up so badly after mine I remember genuinely fearing I'd get stretch marks on my cheeks. I was unrecognisable.

I'm a big sweller though.

Thanks [mention]Lurker[/mention] and [mention]TheGreenSheep[/mention] . ;)

I'm feeling okay today. Have used my pain medication yesterday arvo and overnight but doing okay today. Face has a big visible lump on the lower jawline where the swelling is and it is very tender to touch my cheek, but will rely on OTC painkillers.

Eating very tenderly and breaking food up small for my good side. :) Good way to start my calorie reduction!

TheGreenSheep

Thanks @Lurker and @TheGreenSheep . ;)

I'm feeling okay today. Have used my pain medication yesterday arvo and overnight but doing okay today. Face has a big visible lump on the lower jawline where the swelling is and it is very tender to touch my cheek, but will rely on OTC painkillers.

Eating very tenderly and breaking food up small for my good side. :) Good way to start my calorie reduction!

Sounds like youre doing really well!! Long may it continue :smiley:

magic_marker

Did any of the medical team advise that you could wash your mouth with salt water to aid the healing process?

Or against it. Just a thought.

Did any of the medical team advise that you could wash your mouth with salt water to aid the healing process?

Yes - was told about rinsing. :)

Unfortunately things didn't go well.

Seemed okay to start, but the pain continued and over the weekend I felt decidedly unwell, foggy, tired.

I went to doctor and was prescribed antibiotics and finally today I feel more normal again. Jaw area still hurts and have referred pain to lots of teeth, but coming good now.

I had been gently rinsing with salt water and following all recommendations. Also confident wasn't dry socket as it appeared okay and doctor said looked okay.

Fingers crossed for better healing now infection on the way out.

magic_marker

Yes - was told about rinsing. :)

Unfortunately things didn't go well.

Seemed okay to start, but the pain continued and over the weekend I felt decidedly unwell, foggy, tired.

I went to doctor and was prescribed antibiotics and finally today I feel more normal again. Jaw area still hurts and have referred pain to lots of teeth, but coming good now.

I had been gently rinsing with salt water and following all recommendations. Also confident wasn't dry socket as it appeared okay and doctor said looked okay.

Fingers crossed for better healing now infection on the way out.

Oh gosh! That doesn't sound the greatest, but l'm glad you're on the mend now! Unfortunately I have lots of experience with teeth issues here. Take care xxx

I'm surprised you weren't given antibiotics as a matter of course by the dentist. My daughter had two wisdom teeth (and also a third tooth) out under GA on the same day as you. I believe she was given intravenous ABs during surgery, and then a script for a full course as well from the chemist.

Glad to hear you're feeling better now, and it's all over and done with. I've got a dental appointment on Friday after years of creative avoidance and I'm dreading it!

magic_marker

I'm surprised you weren't given antibiotics as a matter of course by the dentist. My daughter had two wisdom teeth (and also a third tooth) out under GA on the same day as you. I believe she was given intravenous ABs during surgery, and then a script for a full course as well from the chemist.

Glad to hear you're feeling better now, and it's all over and done with. I've got a dental appointment on Friday after years of creative avoidance and I'm dreading it!

I really like the term "creative avoidance". That's what l've been doing mostly over Covid. Although l did have to have emergency dental work done and they wanted me back, but they're still waiting.

Advertisement