IGNORED

When you end up feeling really silly...

FloFlo

Last night I went to the shops for a few things. Was walking back to the bus stop when I started hearing rustling behind me. I'm not one to get afraid easily and I can handle myself pretty well but it made me feel a bit nervous. I kept walking and heard the rustling again. My heart started beating a bit faster. I thought do I turn around and take a risk? Or walk faster and hope it doesn't follow me? I decided to turn around. It was a fucking plastic bag! I felt so silly. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have had these silly thoughts when walking at night?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FloFlo

• Seayork2002

• 123tree

• Mooguru

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know I'm not alone. Felt so silly! Ridiculous that as women in the 21st century we still have to have our wits about us and be alert at all times.

#notallplasticbags.

I wish women weren’t so suspicious of plastic bags how about we think of all the times plastic bags have helped us with our shopping.

(Sarcasm)

#notallplasticbags.

I wish women weren’t so suspicious of plastic bags how about we think of all the times plastic bags have helped us with our shopping.

(Sarcasm)

That made me laugh! :lol:

#notallplasticbags.

(Sarcasm)

Good. I wasn’t sure how it would go down. 😃

OP. A couple of weeks ago I drove to the shops and walked home. I realised when my car wasn’t in the driveway. Boy did I feel silly.

On more than one occasion I've headed to the shops, forgotten my face mask, come back home, collected my mask, gone to the shops and forgotten whatever I went to the shops for.

Not So Retro

#notallplasticbags.

(Sarcasm)

Good. I wasn’t sure how it would go down. 😃

OP. A couple of weeks ago I drove to the shops and walked home. I realised when my car wasn’t in the driveway. Boy did I feel silly.

My ex did that, except it was the airport and by the time I had driven him back there in Friday night traffic the worst storm we had had in months had started. I had my van at that stage and the wind was gusting so hard I was struggling to keep it in my lane. I was also struggling to stay in my lane because the torrential rain meant I could hardly see the lane lines. I limped home on the M5 by keeping to the thicker kerbside lane lines and praying. It was the scariest driving I have ever done. I should have just told him to take himself there on the train the next day......

Sancti-claws

OP I understand.

When I was a teenager I was going back to boarding school after going to the optometrist, and someone was following me.

Every time I stopped, they stopped.

It REALLY freaked me out.

... until I realised that, with my new focus, the ground was slightly more in focus and closer - and the footsteps that I heard were my own.

(and then there was that time in uni driving home and hearing sirens, so I pulled to the side of the road and turned down the radio - cops must have turned off further back, so went back into traffic and turned up the radio - wouldn't you know it, sirens behind me again...)

I've done everything mentioned in this thread including driving to the shops and Airport and catching public transport/walking home, being relentlessly stalked.. by my own shadow. And being scared of a noise I was making myself....

Probably a good thing the police didn't accept my application :ninja:

Silverstreak

I was used to getting off at Richmond and changing for a city loop train to get to work. When the trains changed my brain didn't compute, so even though my train now went through the loop, I STILL got off at Richmond and waited for the next train before I realised what I was doing.

Have also looked for glasses when they're on my head and tried to adjust my glasses whilst wearing contacts.

Seayork2002

OP I understand.

When I was a teenager I was going back to boarding school after going to the optometrist, and someone was following me.

Every time I stopped, they stopped.

It REALLY freaked me out.

... until I realised that, with my new focus, the ground was slightly more in focus and closer - and the footsteps that I heard were my own.

(and then there was that time in uni driving home and hearing sirens, so I pulled to the side of the road and turned down the radio - cops must have turned off further back, so went back into traffic and turned up the radio - wouldn't you know it, sirens behind me again...)

Not sure of I can blame my optometrist for being at a buffet and seeing a whole new section of food and thinking 'yummy I want some of that' as I walked into a mirror and banged my head

I was used to getting off at Richmond and changing for a city loop train to get to work. When the trains changed my brain didn't compute, so even though my train now went through the loop, I STILL got off at Richmond and waited for the next train before I realised what I was doing.

Have also looked for glasses when they're on my head and tried to adjust my glasses whilst wearing contacts.

I've looked for my glasses while wearing them!

Seayork2002

I've looked for my glasses while wearing them!

I have done that lots and also while holding them too

Kiwi Bicycle

During lockdown , leaves being blown over the footpath behind me sounded like footsteps and I would automatically glance behind me to see if there was someone and to get DS to walk at the side of the path so they could pass with enough distance. Lockdown was that quiet.

Everyone has looked for their glasses wearing them. We're not stupid!

I've also randomly pushed nothing back up my nose while wearing contacts.

I was once walking home from grocery shopping. .Maybe 50 metres from green grocer I thought to myself "carrying all this would much easier with a pram". Closely followed by " "*** when I went into the green grocer I did have a pram".

Luckily a local shopping strip and no-one had even gotten around to being particularly perturbed by the unattended sleeping baby...

Julie3Girls

After I had my laser surgery, I lost count of the number of times I went to take off my glasses when getting into the shower - my brain couldn’t deal with being able to see while in the shower lol

Oh, I once sent DH a text message that I couldn't find my phone and could he ring it.... I don't know what I thought the thing in my hand was.

Fruitmincepies

I read [mention]Mooguru[/mention] ’s post while in with DS trying to get him to sleep, and I actually let out a weird noise trying to keep my laughter from escaping. Very very funny.

Oh, I once sent DH a text message that I couldn't find my phone and could he ring it.... I don't know what I thought the thing in my hand was.

I went looking for my phone while on the phone to my DH...

I went looking for my phone while on the phone to my DH...

Yep- I’ve done that one too!

Advertisement