IGNORED

What's your favourite winter pastime?

Darryl

Just sitting here listening to the wind and the rain outside - it makes me wish I still had a wood heater.

What do you like to do in the colder months? I generally go into complete slug mode, and love every minute of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silverstreak

• Ozgirl

• Crombek

• Rosie28

Top Posters In This Topic

LemonMyrtle

I like to eat, and drink wine, and turn the heater up to 23

I also don’t mind going to the beach, as long as our accommodation has a fireplace.

Jersey Caramel

I just cast on my first knitting project for the winter on Sunday. Nothing better than snuggling up for a few hours with the fire going, a nice movie on, hot cuppa and my knitting. I am an 80 year old woman trapped in a 38 year old body!

Fruitmincepies

Oh yes, nothing better than sitting in bed listening to the wind and rain, tucked up with a book and a cup of tea. I also quite like a walk along the beach when there is a storm coming, blasts every cobweb out of you. But being Perth, there are plenty of sunny days for doing things. Autumn is lovely - we were at the beach swimming last weekend and it looks like we will be doing the same again this one.

Seayork2002

We try and get to the beach in winter, sometimes the water feels warmer than in summer.

Go and stay up the blue mountains for the weekend a few times each winter.

For me personally be more lazy than normal and eat more than in summer

GrannySmith

I love beach walks in wild weather. Actually I love the beach way more in winter than summer. I also love tucking up inside and drinking red wine.

Silverstreak

Making curries, listening to the rain, reading a book, Kahlua in the coffee.

Also, I'm totally rapt that I managed to buy a cute winter jumper in a burgundy colour, looking forward to wearing it.

ClaudiaCosette

I like visiting the mountains or countryside in winter. I will say that because I'm in Brisbane, winter here probably doesn't count for a lot of you. It's too hot to be outside for a lot of the summer, so I use winter to take the kids out to parks quite often.

In a real winter (i.e. snow) I love tobogganing, although I may be a bit too old for it now.

Well, the sun finally stops feeling like an assault so it's time to get out and about and have picnics, barbies, bushwalks and maybe go to the beach. .

Also eating fruit toast. All the fruit toast. Even better if it's done over a fire pit..

Stuffed Olive

Listening to lovely rain on the tin roof.

Making casseroles.

Reading beside the wood heater.

Going for walks on those cold, sunny days when it is easy to walk briskly.

Watching the weeds and the grass taking a break from growing.

Bird nesting time.

Fruitmincepies

Ski!!!

However could equally be in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with snow all around, a fire, red wine and gourmet cheese board.

A big dish of tartiflette!

Ski!!!

However could equally be in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with snow all around, a fire, red wine and gourmet cheese board.

A big dish of tartiflette!

OMG - yes!!!

GrannySmith

Oh I forgot woollen jumpers. I was stoked to pick up two at a market on the weekend! Embarrassing me and my 70 yo stepfather have the same taste in woollen jumpers.

Spidey_Senses

Going swimming but at the local swim centre which is pleasantly warm.

Camping / campfire

Hiking but not so much at the moment with my 2yo

Watching netball, soccer or footy.

Weekend drives to a winery or coffee shop in the Barossa or MacLaren Vale

Snuggling under a doona and watching a movie with DH

Knitting. But it’s also my favourite summer, autumn and spring pastime....

I also like to make fruitcake and have port as a nightcap in winter. And I also buy new boots and coats almost every year...to go with the knitted scarves, cowls, hats and socks.

StillFreddiesMum

Using the slow cooker and making dinner at 10 in the morning to serve at 6 at night, so the whole house smells yummy during the day. Baking. Being inside and just listening to the rain / weather outside.

Advertisement