IGNORED

Aldi Products

ImperatorFuriosa

I buy their punnets of cherry tomatoes (equivalent of the Coles Perino tomatoes). Usualy $1 - $1.50 cheaper

Kids like the Kransky sausages.

Butter -Australian and cheaper than Coles

That's about it.

Chocolate and cheese are awesome and a good price.

Coconut oil

My teen prefers Aldi brand BBQ Shapes to the Arnott's ones

Their ground coffee is good

We used their nappies, pull ups and swim nappies (preschooler has only just got out of nappies)

Sanitary pads

Light beer

Shampoo and conditioner

100% peanut butter

Frozen barramundi is really good

We do pretty much all our shopping at Aldi, except for the odd things they don't sell. Their basics (milk, butter, wraps, bread, etc) are all comparable price to Colesworth, or cheaper. We've had no issues with meat, fruit or veg.

Not much but muesli bars are ok, fake tiny teddies, brioche buns, melting moments. The rest is hit and miss.

Paper towel, antibacterial cleaning stuff are OK.

My mum buys cheese from aldi (entertaining cheeses and everyday) butter, yoghurt.

We have bee experimenting with some of the meats.

Mum shops daily at woolies (kills me!) And monthly at aldi.

She forward plans for Aldi, but cant for anything else.

Dairy. Cheese especially. Their cleaning stuff is good. Most of the time their fresh fruit and veggies are great.

I'm finding the meat more miss than hit at the moment.

TheMagician

Might be easier to say what I buy from Colesworth as I buy everything from Aldi except:

Deli meat

Cat biscuits

Bird seed

Particularly good value is:

Cheese

Biscuits

Meat

Alcohol

Toilet Paper

Washing Powder is the best

All cleaning products

Nuttelex

Coffee

Drinking Chocolate

Frozen Veges

Ice Cream

Bread

Brioche Buns

Eggs

Canned Fruit

Pasta

Toiletries

GrannySmith

Toilet paper, the large roll 4 pack.

Muesli bars

Nappies

Frozen Salmon

Ground coffee

Marie biscuit equivalent

Chocolate

I miss Aldi...unfortunately there are none in Tas.

24 pack of toilet paper

paper towels

tissues

fabric softener concentrate

Sprinters (Pringles) - gluten free

plain potato chips - pretty sure they're Red Rock Deli

cheese sticks like Bega Stringers

squeezie yoghurts

brown rice

Flirt mints (Blitz)

fresh milk

premium ice cream (with buttermilk I think) $4/2L

coconut ice cream - salted caramel is to die for

electrolyte replacement drink tablets like Gastrolyte

I buy their punnets of cherry tomatoes (equivalent of the Coles Perino tomatoes). Usualy $1 - $1.50 cheaper

I have to disagree with you there. From my experience they’re on par with the mid range cherry tomatoes from Coles, but no where near as sweet as the Perino branded premium ones. I still buy the Aldi ones though as it’s a pretty big price difference when you consider how little produce you’re actually getting.

I have to disagree with you there. From my experience they’re on par with the mid range cherry tomatoes from Coles, but no where near as sweet as the Perino branded premium ones. I still buy the Aldi ones though as it’s a pretty big price difference when you consider how little produce you’re actually getting.

I meant the same shape.

I agree they aren't quite as nice, as the Coles ones.

However I usually buy 3-4 punnets a week and can't justify spending up to $18 a week on cherry tomatoes.

I planted seeds from a Coles one a few years ago and got heaps of tomatoes from that. Should give it another go.

Their cheese. I like Colby and the Aldi one is actually better than the branded ones. We also buy grated Mozzarella, grated parmesan and plastic cheese for DS. They're all about $4 cheaper than the branded equivalent from Coles. DS likes the cup noodles (79c each). I buy bin liners, plastic bags, sandwich bags, alfoil, glad wrap. Their brioche buns are SO GOOD and so is the marble brioche loaf (has chocolate through it). Kids also like the chocolate croissants.

• Like 1

Cheese - cheddar, feta, bocconcini, brie, plastic cheese, etc.

Remano brand tinned tomatoes

Palazzo biscuits

Frozen berries

Chobani-style yoghurts

Staples - milk, butter, flour, sugar, free range eggs, etc.

Crumpets

DP likes the Abbott's knock-off bread. I like the raisin bread

Ice cream - the premium vanilla bean is lovely

Washing powder

Panty liners

Cats love the premium tinned food

'Freezables' - chicken nuggets/tenders, vegie spring rolls, etc. are decent

Just tried the Colway mayo for the first time tonight, liked it, Sweet chilli sauce is good

I usually have a few of the healthy-ish frozen meals knocking around for emergency work lunches, they're cheaper and nicer than Lean Cuisine. Ditto the cup noodles.

The nuts and seeds - sunflower seeds, pepitas, etc. - are much cheaper than Coles/Woolies

Cleaning products are fine.

I usually get fruit and veg from the market. We don't eat a lot of meat but what I've bought has been fine.

Rainbowbear

All cheeses

cleaning products

Women's face wash

make up - they have a special they bring out each year that is due soon in a rose gold packaging the mascara is awesome

Obsession Ice cream - once a year they have cappuccino flavour it is so good! kids like the choc chip and choc marsh mellow that is currently out

maple syrup

marinated butterflied whole chicken

frozen quesadilla

Pizza bases in the bread section

• Like 1

We go to Aldi for most things, but things we prefer aldi for (whether it be price/ product):

Dog food

Nappies

Baby food pouches- the organic fruit ones

Oat/ almond milk (thanks to my CMPI bub- these have gone up in price recently though so are on par with specials at woolies)

Coffee non-dairy ice cream (amazing!!)

Tinned apples

Gnocchi (if you are a non home made cause no culinary ability person like me, its great!)

Baby spinach

Triple smoked bacon

Pork loin with Greek seasoning (seriously the best! But try to get one with not much fat)

Lemon and herb chicken tenders (I've gone off these recently as we had them too much, but they are yummy)

Bacon chops (these have long use by dates so its our stock up emergency food thing)

Pre cut chicken breast. Great for an easy non take away dinner

Sun dried tomato strips in a jar

Frozen peas, corn, spinach

I go to woolies for bakery stuff, Pepsi (DHs addiction), deli meats, and breaky stuff. So we tend to shop at aldi lots and woolies maybe once a fortnight to once a month?

We buy most things there except for bread, frozen vegetables and cereal.

They have lots of Australian products in the freezer except for the vegetables. The single serve meals like butter chicken, lasagna, Mac and cheese are great to have on hand and the ice creams and spring rolls are popular. Things like cheese they often have 2 price points so we buy the less processed Aust made option. Same with tinned tomatoes.

They don’t have Australian bacon any more but do have salami, ham etc which are fine. Their cake mixes are great - the brownie in particular.

I find their fruit and veg okay, whereas everything from that section at Costco is terrible. Not many fruit and veg shops near me and the markets are not convenient.

Diced tomatoes - the juice is thick and lovely.

Palazzo biscuits

Pack of little chocolate bars - DH keeps a pack of dark choc ones in his drawer at work as a pick-me up.

Hand sanitiser

Body Wash

Cocktail tomatoes

Large field mushrooms

Logix rinse aid

Lipsticks - if I like the colour

Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese - any kind - shredded parmesan is very handy to have on hand. A recent buy of red leicester has become DD's favourite with crackers.

Butter and dairy blends.

Double cream

ETA: smoked salmon and smoked trout

Rainbowbear

@Rainbowbear How much for the pizza bases and are they a 2 pack?

They are a 2 pack, they are under $3 cant remember exact amount. So good and I am not a massive pizza person

Bacon chops?? Tell me more!!

Thick pieces of bacon that you cook up :) we like them with sourkraut and potato or just mustard and veggies.

Love them!

Bacon chops?? Tell me more!!

Thick pieces of bacon that you cook up :) we like them with sourkraut and potato or just mustard and veggies.

Love them!

Awesome. Love bacon chops (as opposed to ham steaks) never knew where to get them.

Advertisement