• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• ImperatorFuriosa

• Antifa

• Spidey_Senses

Top Posters In This Topic

[mention]ImperatorFuriosa[/mention] ah, Gillian McKeith - back in the early 00s she had a British tv show “You are what you eat”, in which she typically took overweight working class families with terrible diets and made them go cold turkey and eat greens. A notable feature was also her dissecting turds in a lunch box in lab setting. Never quite understood what she got out of it

She also claimed to have quite a number of qualifications, including being a doctor which were subsequently found to be absolute BS and vanished from sight. Gimme Nigella any day.

Kiwi Bicycle

For an extra laugh, check out Uncle Roger on You Tube critiquing Nigella for making Japanese Ramen. He includes the microwave pronoucantion.

I can’t remember if it was microwave or something else, but DP and I were watching Nigella late one night a few months ago and it was something she pronounced so bizarrely that DP and I just looked at each other and said, “WTF!” We thought that she must have just stumbled when reading the script or something.

Like I said, I can’t remember if it was microwave, but it seems a bit too coincidental for it not to be and the footage in the initial post from RP, doesn’t look familiar, but may have been the one that we were watching.

IamtheMumma

This meme is a crack up. Dunno how true it is but still.

images-22.jpg

I hate this comparison. Its been around for many years but still promotes a woman's worth is based on her looks and her diet.

ImperatorFuriosa

@ImperatorFuriosa ah, Gillian McKeith - back in the early 00s she had a British tv show “You are what you eat”, in which she typically took overweight working class families with terrible diets and made them go cold turkey and eat greens. A notable feature was also her dissecting turds in a lunch box in lab setting. Never quite understood what she got out of it

She also claimed to have quite a number of qualifications, including being a doctor which were subsequently found to be absolute BS and vanished from sight. Gimme Nigella any day.

She sounds like fun. Yikes.

ImperatorFuriosa

This meme is a crack up. Dunno how true it is but still.

images-22.jpg

I hate this comparison. Its been around for many years but still promotes a woman's worth is based on her looks and her diet.

Ah well, at the end of the day when the crickets are chirping and the breeze is blowing through the trees, it's just a meme.

Meecrowahvay has just happened on MasterChef!

Who know deliberately mispronouncing things in a funny way is so cool. I’ve been doing it for years 🤣

I can see where people might have an issue with the meme since it seems to set up two women in opposition to each other but....

Gillian McKeith fat shamed poor people with their food choices and implied it was all their fault, and nothing to do with poverty, ability to access healthy affordable food, or knowledge of how to cook healthy food. She lied about her qualifications, which from memory, she bought from a “college” in the US, so not only was she fat shaming people, she didn’t even have qualifications in the field in which she posed as an expert. She is an utter fraud.

For me, if this were a meme comparing, for example Delia Smith unfavourably with Nigella, I’d be angry. But Gillian McKeith lied and cheated and I’ve no sympathy for her.

I had no idea who Gillian McKeith was so googled her. She hosted a show called 'Eat Yourself Sexy' for goodness sake. Looks as though she's very happy to promote people's worth on their looks and their diet.

Spidey_Senses

I can’t remember if it was microwave or something else, but DP and I were watching Nigella late one night a few months ago and it was something she pronounced so bizarrely that DP and I just looked at each other and said, “WTF!” We thought that she must have just stumbled when reading the script or something.

DH and I always giggle when Sophie from Gardening Australia says Mulch. She pronounces it Mulsh. I havent heard anyone else say it like that. (Sorry Sophie we think you are great)

I love Uncle Roger...

And I do have a certain awe for Nigella... I would much rather have her round for dinner, she would be fun! And would appreciate food (hopefully she would bring a cake or two)...

Well, I would also have Uncle Roger round, he would also be a hoot!

DH and I always giggle when Sophie from Gardening Australia says Mulch. She pronounces it Mulsh. I havent heard anyone else say it like that. (Sorry Sophie we think you are great)

Now you've made me worried -I pronounce it "mulsh" instead of with a harder "ch" sound... :oops:

Spidey_Senses

Now you've made me worried -I pronounce it "mulsh" instead of with a harder "ch" sound... :oops:

Quite possibly DH and I are the ones pronouncing it wrongly :lol:

Advertisement