IGNORED

ALDI air fryer and pie maker

MaryanneK

MaryanneK

Just looking at next week's special buys catalogue...... So, WDYT? I don't really understand how either of these things work, if they are a gadget worth having, and if the ALDI ones are any good

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Not So Retro

• Princess Peach

• Scootaloo

• Lesley225

Top Posters In This Topic

riotproof

An air fryer is just like a small oven. It’s marginally faster and will make some things crisper with much less oil.

A pie maker is just what it says, heats on both sides like a sandwich press, so you don’t have to put the oven on. Can fill with leftovers or other fillings. I got the party pie size from Kmart this week and we’re enjoying it. Have made beef burgundy pies and sweet pear pies so far.

Chillipeppers

I recommend the aldi air fryer. It’s fantastic. I use mine all the time. It is also an 8litre one so you can cook large family meals in it.

Phillipa Crawford

I really like my Airfryer.

I love the way it cooks chicken.

I love the speed of it.

I love that when it is hot weather I plug it in outside so I can cook without heating up the house.

I cook chops or other fatty food in it and all the fat drains away.

Can't comment on the Aldi one as I used gift vouchers and got an expensive Phillips one.

I don't like cleaning it

Lesley225

I never thought I needed an air fryer but got a cheap on to try out as an opening special for Harris Scarfe now i wonder how i lived without it.

ALways longed for a small pie maker but am not sure if I really need it. Last year Aldi had the family one and supposedly the one with multiple small ones. The small ones sold out straight away and the big one sat sad and alone on the shelf for ages.

Edited by Lesley225

Not So Retro

I made 2 bar loaves of bread in my airfryer yesterday and heated up Pluto pups/Dagwood dogs in it today. Later I'll do chicken and waffle fries for dinner.

Scootaloo

I LOVE our airfryer. It gets used every day. So much quicker than heating the oven.

I would recommend though, if you want an Aldi one that you get to your store early! And possibly line up for it. Last time that had them they sold out in minutes

Advertisement