As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

21st birthday gift

eponee

DD will be 21 in August and I have no idea what to get her. I'd like to give her something 'sentimental' but I dont thin she'd be too fussed about that.

She's not a big jewelry person, has an Apple watch (she wouldnt wear a 'fancy' watch), has two dachshunds, isnt into things like photo books, and lives with her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend is taking her interstate for a few days as his gift to her, if that's any help.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eponee

• Bucket

• Mrs Claus

• Lukes mummi

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a good luggage set? Or a good handbag?

An expensive vase?

She's not a handbag carrier and vases arent really her 'thing'. The luggage is a good idea :)

Silverstreak

Maybe she’s more into a cross body messenger bag style? I prefer this style myself, so that I keep my hands free.

Otherwise, maybe a little sculpture or glass vase. I’ve been given a small animal sculpture and I treasure it.

Is there a show she might like to see on the interstate trip? Or another experience gift? Things like a few laps in a rally car, hot air balloon, swim with dolphins, skydiving, cooking class?? Special alcohol like fancy champagne? Kitchen appliance like fancy mixer, set of pans or the like? Nice vase and flowers for it? Nice pot and herbs?

Does she have/want tattoos? You could pay/gift voucher for one

She already has a few tattoos but is wanting to add to them I think.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Is there a show she might like to see on the interstate trip? Or another experience gift? Things like a few laps in a rally car, hot air balloon, swim with dolphins, skydiving, cooking class?? Special alcohol like fancy champagne? Kitchen appliance like fancy mixer, set of pans or the like? Nice vase and flowers for it? Nice pot and herbs?

I mentioned a Kitchenaid to DH, but he thinks that's weird. She doesnt mind cooking but isnt a big 'baker'. An experience gift is a good idea :)

Purpleblaze

How about some lux bedding? Nice doona cover and/or sheets? I know it’s not a traditional gift but how often do young people invest/can afford good quality bedding. Would get used often too.

• 3 weeks later...

We got DD a new computer, which I know won't last forever but it was what she needed. We ended up getting her 21 things to unwrap, which was fun. Some were just little/cheaper, others more expensive. They ranged from her favourite chocolate bar, to some kitchen utensils, to alcohol. One was a Pandora charm, so that was kind of her "keep" gift. We numbered them all (because we knew she'd want to unwrap them in order), but messed with her by numbering a multi pack of something with six non-consecutive numbers. She really enjoyed opening them all.

Advertisement