As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Ideas for congratulations grandma

Lukes mummi

Lukes mummi

I work with a lovely lady who’s soon to become a grandma for the first time. I’d love to organise something special to celebrate for her. I know you can buy congratulations grandparent cards. Is there anything else you can suggest to do please?

I don’t know the parents at all, but assuming they will get lots of baby clothes etc from friends and relatives

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 123tree

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Rosie28

• BrainFart

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs Claus

Bit old school but maybe a photo frame that’s says ‘grandma’ or similiar she can put a photo of the two of them in?

Or a coffee mug that says ‘worlds sexiest grandma’ or similiar depending on their sense of humour

Kiwi Bicycle

A set of children’s cutlery and crockery for use at her house?

Definitely maybe some lovely melanine or plastic cups and plates and you tend to get rid of these and are definitely needed in the future. Another idea is a toy box ( adult styled if required) to fit into their decor so storing toys etc.

A set of children’s cutlery and crockery for use at her house?

I love the idea of having something for her house.

Also books, like board books and stuff for them to read together.

BrainFart

I loved visiting my grandma and the ceramic bunnikins would come out. We’d share toast and tea with my special crockery.

I know you can get melemine versions these days but the ceramic ones were pretty spesh. My Gran has passed now and I was given my set of the crockery for a keepsake. Lovely memory !

Scootaloo

A collection of books about grandparents and kids for them to read to Bub.

That is what I did for my boss. A selection of some of our favourite picture books for her to share with her new grandchild. She really appreciated it, and was touched to receive a ‘new grandma’ gift.

Advertisement