IGNORED

Speech Therapy App?

Rosie28

Can anyone recommend a good speech therapy app? It's for my 7 yo DS, who has seen a speechie before and just needs practice with a few sounds. There are no SN at play and he'll happily comply with playing/working with an app.

We may go back to speech later this year, but at this stage formal intervention isn't required.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosie28

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Princess Peach

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi Bicycle

If you have an Ipad, Articulation Station by Little Bee Speech.

There's a free trial edition to see how you go and for the full Pro edition it's $90. They are supposed to be making an android version but I don't think they have yet. It's what our speechie uses and reccommended. It does do all the speech in a slight American accent, but has lots of levels, different speech sounds and a few different games to play. My DS is 7 as well.

It might seem expensive but then again I was paying nearly $ 200 per session so in the scheme of things is rather cheap.

If you have an Ipad, Articulation Station by Little Bee Speech.

There's a free trial edition to see how you go and for the full Pro edition it's $90. They are supposed to be making an android version but I don't think they have yet. It's what our speechie uses and reccommended. It does do all the speech in a slight American accent, but has lots of levels, different speech sounds and a few different games to play. My DS is 7 as well.

It might seem expensive but then again I was paying nearly $ 200 per session so in the scheme of things is rather cheap.

Thanks! I'm happy to pay for it (nothing compared to the cost of the speechie!), though I do worry about the American accent...

Princess Peach

Artikpix is another one with a free initial download to trial it,

You can then download the individual sounds you need to work on.

I actually found practice in the car worked better than apps for us - ds would be absorbed in play & refused to speak.

Artikpix is another one with a free initial download to trial it,

You can then download the individual sounds you need to work on.

I actually found practice in the car worked better than apps for us - ds would be absorbed in play & refused to speak.

We do most of our practice in the car, but DD5 takes exception to it and interrupts. Also we don;t drive very much! I'll have a look at Artikpix though, thanks!

Advertisement