IGNORED

IVF Warriors (The new Ready Set Go! thread)

Ozgirl

Hi rainbow road. Everyone is really nice here. I'm a bit in and out and distracted but it's just so good to have a place, especially in times of waiting for results.

Today is the blood test pregnancy test from the fertility clinic.

I'm just waiting to find out. I'll get the results this afternoon.

I haven't done any home tests as it wouldn't reassure me much and it also wouldn't even let me relax and go off pregnancy food restrictions and I would just spend a bunch of money peeing on sticks and being anxious, so I've got no way to know what to even probably expect.

I'll update when I know more.

I am officially five weeks pregnant.

Due December 19.

First foetal ultrasound in three weeks to see the heartbeat etc.

Levels today 225 which they are happy with. Staying on progesterone just to keep things fluffy but I'm coping with that.

I am officially five weeks pregnant.

Due December 19.

First foetal ultrasound in three weeks to see the heartbeat etc.

Levels today 225 which they are happy with. Staying on progesterone just to keep things fluffy but I'm coping with that.

❤❤

Thanks everyone.

I decided to tell everyone already, I'm not good at keeping it to myself and if anything happens I might as well have got some happy out first and family etc know why I'm being weird.

Love to you all.

Give yourself plenty of time to do the trigger. Once my trigger was in a glass phial and cut me as I opened it. I was bleeding and trying to inject myself and I wish I had given myself a bit more time to set up. Of course your trigger might be an autoinjector and the same as the others.

The trigger will make you feel a bit tender the next day as your ovaries will have the eggs maturing. I felt more or less tender for different collection times and it didn’t seem to correlate to the number of eggs. So how much it hurts doesn’t mean anything.

On the day you will check in to the hospital, change into a hospital gown, chat to the anesthesiologist and surgeon, in the operating theatre you’ll lie on the bed and put your legs in the stirrups. You’ll be put under, they’ll collect your eggs, you’ll wake in recovery. You’ll be a little bit crampy. How much will depend on you and how many eggs they get. You spend a little bit of time in recovery and then you go home. I take whatever medicine they offer. I was back at work the next day after taking it easy on the day. My collections were always in the morning so I had the whole day to recover.

I was always told how many eggs they got, but that number can drop as they might not be mature.

Good luck

All of the above. I didn’t have any bleeding or pain after my first collection but I did 6 back to back and the pain and bleeding became worse with each collection. I took a day off work afterwards.

I sometimes got really cold after a collection so make sure you’re nice and warm beforehand with a heated blanket you can request from a nurse. I always made sure my partner brought a coffee with him when he came to pick me up!

Bring a book in case you need to wait. Wear loose pants in case you are sore afterwards.

I enjoyed being sedated and just lay back and asked them to hit me with it haha. When I woke up they always wrote the number of eggs they got on my hand so I could see as soon as I woke.

Best of luck!

Interesting MissHLH. I have never been in stirups. 3 different hospitalsm always a normal bed. Sometimes walk in myself, sometines not.

Always wake to a number on my hand, but yes when the lab calls you the next day with fertilisation, that number may drop. Im trying to remeber when I found out our maturity... hmmm.

Craps for sure. Just a feeling of crapiness the rest of the day.

Are you having GA or Twilight or just green/whistle/pain killers/val.ium?

RainbowRoad

Thanks for the great tips!

I’ve got to mix the trigger, so I’ll make sure to give myself plenty of time to prep it.

I’ve been told it will be a sedation, rather than a GA which I’m happy about. I never do well after GA.

I’m borderline OHSS, so I’ll be very keen to see the numbers as we may not be able to do a transfer this month.

Sedation is a great compromise.

Those girls on Fb who don’t do sedation or GA and push through are amazing.

Good luck. You’ve got this!!!

Interesting MissHLH. I have never been in stirups. 3 different hospitalsm always a normal bed. Sometimes walk in myself, sometines not.

The first two times I think it was a normal bed, the last two times were in stirups. Guess it depends on the hospital.

I’ve never had the number written on my hand. I’m glad, I think I would have been pretty upset. Definitely agree with the comfy and warm clothes. They might give you those stick on heat packs. If they offer some extras then take them. They’ll come in handy at some stage.

sunstarmoon

Came in to say, as you are at risk of OHSS to have electrolyte drinks at the ready, make sure you drink heaps after. I also felt really bad for a few days after. I’d planned to go back to work but I couldn’t.

Hot water bottle is your friend too for after, I spend ages hugging it lying in bed.

Make sure you read up on OHSS symptoms, I felt very average and remember a middle of night call to my clinic (the person on call didn’t bloody answer or call back til morning!)

We have 10 fertilised eggs cooking away. Hoping we still have good numbers come day 5 🤞

Now the hard part starts - waiting!

Amazing numbers. How did you go physically?

RainbowRoad

I went pretty well - just a bit of mild cramping and bloating. Feeling really tired today though. Starting the progesterone tonight so we’ll see how that goes 🤷‍♀️

Advertisement