IGNORED

IVF Warriors (The new Ready Set Go! thread)

Ozgirl

la di dah

Do I keep posting in here or is that weird/obnoxious? Had my eight week ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat.

yay Ladidah!!!

Unfortunately you really shouldnt.

i'll create you a new thread for grads.

Its a shame you are the only right now, oh [mention]Wolf87[/mention] should join you.

la di dah

Sorry I wasn't sure when counted. I don't need a thread to myself I'll wander to another section.

Much respect to you all. Wishing you the very best.

Sorry I wasn't sure when counted. I don't need a thread to myself I'll wander to another section.

Much respect to you all. Wishing you the very best.

No all good. You flagged with me that I need to finalise the rules.

We actually do have a thread. I think its important to have a safe place for those PG after IVF.

I tagged you in the other thread. its already there.

Fingers crossed for you Rainbow!

Did you POAS?

As for me, I have been given another hail mary for another cycle.

But (in case you haven't seen) I am currently going through an allergy/ auto immune response thingy.

My GP has asked me to stop all my supplements including baby asprin.

I had a weird reaction to clexane the last two cycles.

Im super nervous about what this means for IVF.

RainbowRoad

[mention]Ozgirl[/mention] no I didn’t POAS. My DH didn’t want to possibly get excited to then be told it’s not good news, so we’ve decided to just wait for the bloods.

What is the clexane used for during your IVF cycles?

Clexane is part of the Bondi protocol - which is for auto immune issues which can stop implantation.

I have been tested for everything and dont have any indicators. But this reaction is clearly something. So maybe there is a chance something is discovered . (Im on the protocol as a just in case as it cant hurt)

Good luck tomorrow!! I have everything crossed for you. If Af isnt here your in with a chance!!

Hi ladies,

What day do you normally start stims? Hubby and I have our interview to get started on Monday and it'll be CD3. do you think they'll let us start straight away or will they make us wait until next month. Trying to mentally prepare to have to wait.

Good luck [mention]RainbowRoad[/mention] !!

RainbowRoad

[mention]StephA[/mention] have you already had the counselling appointment? I’m assuming it’s the same for all clinics, but we needed to have that done before we were able to start. Started stims on CD3.

RainbowRoad

[mention]StephA[/mention] its more of an informed consent type of thing. They go through all of the legal requirements.

AFM - nurses just called and no luck this time :(

Counseling is not required in NSW or ACT.

You will likely have to wait til you next period.

If the do a down reg cycle you will start a drug like primolut or syneral on day 21 of your cycle and then typically stim/FSH drugs on day 2-5 of your next cycle depending on which drug.

If it’s a short (non down reg) cycle you will start on your next period. Same 2-5 day of cycle depending.

Good luck on Monday and let us know what your protocol is.

Ah yep, makes sense, we're ACT. :)

Thanks [mention]Ozgirl[/mention] its good to go in with a realistic view of whats going to happen.

Thanks [mention]Ozgirl[/mention] .

We had our interview and because I was already CD4 they've put me on BC for a week to keep my levels baseline so EPU doesn't correspond when my FS is away.

So from what I can gather it's BC until Monday, bloods Wednesday and start 175iu Puregon for 7 days then add in Orgalutran for the last 7 days before EPU hopefully on June 4.

A lot to take in and remember but we're happy to be taking this step.

That’s great [mention]StephA[/mention] I usually felt fine until a day after starting the orgalutran then I would feel a little nauseous like morning sickness, which would go away by around 11am. Otherwise felt no side effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has done a monitored cycle before? Thinking of asking my FS about it when I see her in July but wondering whether it’s worth the money and just stick to opk

[mention]nomviv[/mention] I did about 5 months of monitored cycles with letrozole. My clinic only charged $150 and I’d have roughly 4 blood tests every month, including the 21 day P4, and sometimes an internal to check for follicles if we caught levels at the right time. Not overly invasive obviously compared to IVF and gave me piece of mind that I was ovulating and knowing exactly when.

Awesome thanks [mention]StephA[/mention] - I seem to ovulate regularly but would be interested in doing medicated if they think it would be suitable for me just so I don’t waste anymore time.

Advertisement