IGNORED

IVF Warriors (The new Ready Set Go! thread)

Ozgirl

Yayyyyy new forum! I hadn’t posted much in the RSG threads but I’ll jump on in - 5 day blast transferred today - BT Monday 2nd November- I’ll be holding out to test until then unless I get period first.

Woo whooo

I'm not alone!

Do you like the new title? some RSG'ers were on to baby number 2 and worried they weren't welcome (I suspect you were like that?

I thought this encompassed all of us!

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions about how you are going with IVF? We have been TTC our second for over a year now (first took two years), so this could be our option.

Do you do IVF on it's own? Without accupuncture, additional supplements or other aids.

What are your coping mechanisms for if it doesn't work?

Hi ladies! I’m past this stage now, but the RSG thread was my lifeline while doing OI and then IVF for my first child (number 3 is an IVF bub too). In the absence of archives of experience to obsessively read through, please feel free to PM me with any questions you have or if you want a general chat. I like the “warriors” reference, IVF is certainly a battle at times, I admire you all 😍😍

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions about how you are going with IVF? We have been TTC our second for over a year now (first took two years), so this could be our option.

Do you do IVF on it's own? Without accupuncture, additional supplements or other aids.

Hi SweatPea,

Welcome

I would start with making an appointment with and FS, you will need a referral from you GP. I can take a while to get going with a client. and if you suddenly wake up an go 'enough is enough' you can be quite frustrated when it takes so long to start. This way you can do the pre testing and chat about options and then pull the trigger when you decide to. There are lots of things they can do before IVF, like a Hyscosy (so they clean your tubes out. Maybe try Clomid. etc.

I would also think about reading "it starts with the egg" . But equally I would start taking CoQ10, now. It cant hurt. And can take 3 mths to get into your system.

I sway between using acupuncture and not. The cycle I conceived my son I was on nothing. So I did nothing this time around. But it hasn't been working , so I have recently added acupuncture back in. I need to feel like I doing something to help (its a control issue for me! LOL)

Coping mechanisms is alcohol and cheese! LOL And coming up with a new plan of attack for my next cycle. And posting here.

Hi ladies! I’m past this stage now, but the RSG thread was my lifeline while doing OI and then IVF for my first child (number 3 is an IVF bub too). In the absence of archives of experience to obsessively read through, please feel free to PM me with any questions you have or if you want a general chat. I like the “warriors” reference, IVF is certainly a battle at times, I admire you all 😍😍

Ditto! More than happy to answer any questions. This time 10 years ago I was recovering from my first EPU where I developed severe OHSS and had an ICU stay. Now I have two beautiful girls at home, a little boy in my heart, and I hope I am coming to the end of my ivf journey, 18w pregnant with twins. Always happy to offer some wisdom and I will follow this thread hoping to see wonderful outcomes for you all xx

Hi Ladies

Hi SweatPea,

Welcome

I would start with making an appointment with and FS, you will need a referral from you GP. I can take a while to get going with a client. and if you suddenly wake up an go 'enough is enough' you can be quite frustrated when it takes so long to start. This way you can do the pre testing and chat about options and then pull the trigger when you decide to. There are lots of things they can do before IVF, like a Hyscosy (so they clean your tubes out. Maybe try Clomid. etc.

I would also think about reading "it starts with the egg" . But equally I would start taking CoQ10, now. It cant hurt. And can take 3 mths to get into your system.

I sway between using acupuncture and not. The cycle I conceived my son I was on nothing. So I did nothing this time around. But it hasn't been working , so I have recently added acupuncture back in. I need to feel like I doing something to help (its a control issue for me! LOL)

Coping mechanisms is alcohol and cheese! LOL And coming up with a new plan of attack for my next cycle. And posting here.

Thanks for replying. We have done all the checks required and are ready to go. Being in Melbourne, there are waiting times, so we haven't pressed it too much.

With the CoQ10, is that something recommended in conjunction with IVF? I did a bit of research and it rejuvenates older cells, but no one has mentioned it to me.

Hi Ladies

Hi SweatPea,

Welcome

Thanks for replying. We have done all the checks required and are ready to go. Being in Melbourne, there are waiting times, so we haven't pressed it too much.

With the CoQ10, is that something recommended in conjunction with IVF? I did a bit of research and it rejuvenates older cells, but no one has mentioned it to me.

Yes, very much. Lots of FS's encourage it specifically . (When a lot are iffy on supplements)

Re supplements - COQ10 or Ubiqinol are great and if you can start 3 months before cycling, even better. I also used melatonin a couple of weeks before starting stims and up until Egg Collection.

PM or let me know if you have any more questions.

3dp5dt - I hate the TWW. If it’s a negative at the end of this I will be so gutted - yet another Xmas without good news. :cry:

Re supplements - COQ10 or Ubiqinol are great and if you can start 3 months before cycling, even better. I also used melatonin a couple of weeks before starting stims and up until Egg Collection.

PM or let me know if you have any more questions.

3dp5dt - I hate the TWW. If it’s a negative at the end of this I will be so gutted - yet another Xmas without good news. :cry:

How many follicles/eggs/embryos do you usually get each time?

And how soon can you test? I have my fingers crossed for you!

My history is below-

I have had 5 IVFS/ICSI so far -

2014 at 27/28

1st - 7 mature eggs 0 fertilised

2nd - 9 mature eggs 1 fertilised - DD born 2015

Dec 2019 at 32 - 10 mature eggs 1 fertilised- BFN

March 2020 - 7 mature eggs 0 fertilised

August 2020 at 33 - 6 mature eggs 2 fertilised - Fresh 3DT Chemical Pregnancy

Oct 2020 - 5 day transfer - ???

I always have way more follicles than resulting eggs. As you can see, our fertilisation rate is terrible - but once we get something fertilised it always looks good quality. Just not sticking as easily second time around.....

I will test Sat morning (unless I get spotting between now and then - then I will test earlier) which will be 9dp5dt. Official BT is Monday.

Nice strong line this morning and 2-3weeks on digital..... PLEASE be sticky :?

That's great news! I hope it works out for you :)

When do you get the blood test?

Hey SweetPea, I had quite a few follicles each time. My first EPU I ovulated early and was left with only one egg.

EPU 1 - Jan 2020 - 1 egg / 1 mature / 1 embryo / 1 fresh transfer / BFN

EPU 2 - Aug 2020 - 13 eggs / 8 mature / 1 embryo / 1 fresh transfer / BFN

EPU 3 - Sep 2020 - 14 eggs / 9 mature / 1 embryo / 1 FET / BFP

ETA - number of mature eggs

Hey SweetPea, I had quite a few follicles each time. My first EPU I ovulated early and was left with only one egg.

Congratulations! You got your BFP.

How many eggs did you have before you ovulated early? That would be so disappointing, especially if you had a good number of follicles beforehand. Did they adjust the trigger in subsequent cycles?

How many eggs did you have before you ovulated early? That would be so disappointing, especially if you had a good number of follicles beforehand. Did they adjust the trigger in subsequent cycles?

SweetPea they can only count follicles - and follicle count doesn't necessarily equate egg count.

They say on average final embryo count is approx 40% of of eggs collected.

My cycles are as follows;

August 2017 - 6 eggs, and 4 embryos. One fresh transfer, 3 FET's final transfer in Feb 2018 was sticky (however my son was stillborn)

October 2019 (with donor sperm) 10 collected, 4 embryo's, one fresh transfer, 2 FETs. My final embryo didn't survive thaw.

I then did two IUI's - neither worked.

July 2020, another EPU, 11 eggs collected - 5 fertilised, only one made it to day 5. Fresh transfer - BFN.

October 2020, new stim drug. 10 eggs collected - 5 fertilised, but 4 embryo's. Fresh transfer - BFN. Waiting for my next FET.

I did! :) Thank you.

I had about 32 follicles! :(

Cycle # 2 - I still did the trigger, but I also did an additional shot of Orgalutran (which stops you from Ovulating).

Cycle # 3 - I did the Orgalutran & Trigger again, but also had a scan in the morning pre EPU to ensure everything was still there.

After an extremely promising start, I had had some brown spotting yesterday, and bright red today. Not much, but I have a very bad feeling.

ETA - Bloods are good. 🤞

Edited by Wolf87

Advertisement