IGNORED

FET tips

nomviv

Hi all

First post here after reading lots on the eb forums to get through six rounds of IVF in 2019. I ended up with x7 day 5 blasts and unfortunately 6 of those are affected by a genetic mutation we did PGD to detect.

I will be hopefully going ahead with FET for my one embryo and hoping to hear some advice and experiences!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nomviv

• Ozgirl

• Greenbean

• Fizgig

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s been a long time since I went through an FET so I will leave tips to others with recent experience.

But I couldn’t read your post without sending you 🤗🤗🤗 and wishing you all the best.

RC

There’s probably nothing you can do except turn up and hope. I read a study that showed people who laughed after transfer had more success, so I read a funny book after my transfers. Warm feet are meant to help.

Wishing you all the luck!

I had one embryo too

My FS "threw the kitchen sink" at the process. I did an ERA test to make sure I wasn't one of the 20% of people who have a slightly different window of implementation. I did that the month before my transfer and it turns out I needed an extra 12 hours of progesterone before the transfer (i am pre-receptive). This process also helped get the protocol right for my lining to be thick and juicy for the FET. He added a few extra things and it did the trick (lining had never been more then 7ish cm and then suddenly it was 8cm+ for the FET).

I also had the biopsy for NK cells (no issues) and took aspirin before my transfer. Basically checking all the things that could be issues.

Best of luck. One embryo can stick. Mine is 14 months old now

There's probably not much you can do to increase the chances of success - my first FET I did acupuncture, ate all the "right" things, had 2 days off work to relax, stayed warm, and got pregnant with my first child, my second FET I went to a playground, played with the kids, ate a pink iced donut and went back to work the next day, and got pregnant with my third child. The only thing I can advise is ask for very regular progesterone testing, I was low after my second FET and the nurses wanted to leave it a week before re-testing. I would almost certainly have lost the baby had we done that, luckily my FS wanted me tested the next day. I ended up on pessaries, sub-cut injections and IM injections (wow they hurt) just to keep my progesterone high enough, but it saved the pregnancy after three horrible bleeds.

Good luck with it!

As others said, I don’t think it matters too much what you do.

I’ve done acupuncture, warm feet, only warm water etc (no cold anything), gave up sugar from period to help lining, rested, walking.

Things I did this time (and other successful time) are; warm feet (always wearing socks), drinking warm or hot water only, gave up sugar (apart from fruit).

Good luck!

We had a great FET woo tips thread on 9EB.

Im currently mid cycle waiting to ovulate before a FET.

I also went to see a reproductive immunologist due to repeated implantation failures.

He likes coQ10, and vitamin E as supplements. So im on those.

Folic acid as well.

I also read the study about laughter to help implantation - so I try to do that.

Rather than relaxing and being scared to move I have been told gentle walking (or playing at the park with the kids) is good to improve the blood flow to the cervix.

There is also an increase you sat intake rumour which is discussed this blog post.

https://theduff.co.uk/ivf-food-pomegranate-pineapple-chips-coq10-dhea-acupuncture/

Thanks for the advice - luckily I wear socks all the time anyway and I started acupuncture last week.

I had heard so many mixed things about exercise - I definitely think I will go with gentle walking and ask if I can still swim (I’ve been swimming about 3-5kms a week over summer).

Good luck Ozgirl, will be thinking of you. I will on cd9 tomorrow and have my bloods done and find out more :)

We are exactly the same CD.

Although I dont think I am and will ovulate early (used the pill to manipulate my cycle)

Will see what my bloods bring - they dont come back til tomorrow as I am regional.

I had two FETs. Both resulted in pregnancies. The first one I had acupuncture leading up to and immediately following the transfer. Nurses recommended gentle exercise only and no ibuprofen (apparently there is some research that suggests it can hinder implantation or something like that - panadol only if you have pain). I vaguely recall going for a walk afterwards. I have a memory of them saying no swimming for the first two weeks as public pools are cesspits and there is increased risk of infection - check with your nurses.

FET two I had a toddler so there was no acupuncture and no gentle, peaceful walks. Life just happened as usual and we still had a positive. I think there are things that you can do that might have a positive impact but it's also possible to do all the "right" things and still not get the outcome you want. Do what you are comfortable with but don't stress yourself out if you can't do everything that people (rather than research) recommend. Good luck nomviv and Ozgirl!

• 2 weeks later...

OP my FS when I did my cycle in Greece told me no swimming because the risk of infection was higher given you've just had the transfer. So nothing wrong with swimming per say, just a slight risk of infection given they've been up there. My local FS didn't say anything really so maybe take it with a grain of salt

Advertisement