• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosie28

• Ozgirl

• BoyMum2

• Greenbean

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in my details from before I had my first baby and it gave me 44% chance from the first cycle. Interestingly, on the day of transfer my FS told me that, taking into account everything she knew about me, she would give that particular transfer (so the transfer not the cycle, which had produced 11 embryos) a 40-45% chance. At the time. The stats for Melbourne IVF gave the transfer a 30% chance of success.

I think the website is a step in the right direction, but there’s much more to be done to advocate for fertility patients.

Unfortunately that data is 3 years old. In Melbourne anyway, the IVF landscape has changed significantly. A lot of top doctors have exited Monash IVF and started their own clinics (which don't yet have published data).

It looks like Genea Sydney is substantially above national average. I've heard good things about them

Yes [mention]sunstarmoon[/mention] noticed the genea high rate.

Annoyingly my clinic has not provided data so thats frustrating.

Its def a step in the right direction though. Easier to compare like to like (when they provide bloody data!)

I just put in my details before we started IVF nearly 5 years ago. 38%. I do not actually know what all goes into coming up with these figures but I did the simplest calculation which for us is 2 babies from 5 embryos, which is 40%.

I just put in my details before we started IVF nearly 5 years ago. 38%. I do not actually know what all goes into coming up with these figures but I did the simplest calculation which for us is 2 babies from 5 embryos, which is 40%.

I haven’t had an opportunity to use all my embryos, and we won’t, but I’ve had 2/2 transfers turn into babies, and lost 3 thawing for transfer 2 (not sure if they progressed and weren’t good enough to freeze again or if they succumbed, we thawed 4 for transfer 1 too but 3 went back in the freezer) 1 didn’t make it to the freezer in the first place. 6 left and we’re just paying for the storage.

I haven’t had an opportunity to use all my embryos, and we won’t, but I’ve had 2/2 transfers turn into babies, and lost 3 thawing for transfer 2 (not sure if they progressed and weren’t good enough to freeze again or if they succumbed, we thawed 4 for transfer 1 too but 3 went back in the freezer) 1 didn’t make it to the freezer in the first place. 6 left and we’re just paying for the storage.

That's a good haul, one cycle?! Our third embryo didn't survive the thaw and our FS said it was very rare (for him I guess) to lose them at that stage so to lose 3 would be hard! First embryo was a missed miscarriage and second was a chemical. We only wanted 2 children and embryo 4 and 5 became them. Nothing left, thank goodness as I feel like it would be a very hard decision on what to do with remaining embryos. I would be happy to donate, partner would not, neither of us would be comfortable destroying them. Tough one, I feel for you with 6 left.

That's a good haul, one cycle?! Our third embryo didn't survive the thaw and our FS said it was very rare (for him I guess) to lose them at that stage so to lose 3 would be hard! First embryo was a missed miscarriage and second was a chemical. We only wanted 2 children and embryo 4 and 5 became them. Nothing left, thank goodness as I feel like it would be a very hard decision on what to do with remaining embryos. I would be happy to donate, partner would not, neither of us would be comfortable destroying them. Tough one, I feel for you with 6 left.

One cycle- we were very lucky. I was 30 and we got 16 eggs, 12 fertilised and 11 were frozen. We have 6 left and the only 2 transfers we’ve done are kids number 1 and 3. We’ll just keep paying the storage! I’d be happy to have none left, but equally grateful not to have been put in that situation, as we wouldn’t have done another round all those years later to have baby #3. Worth mentioning I have PCOS and no other fertility issues- my issue was ovulating but drug assisted I ovulate like an absolute champ. Pregnancy effectively cured me and we only resorted to an embryo transfer for number 3 because we’d had two early miscarriages and I wanted to reduce the risk of that happening again.

Edited by Rosie28

Thaw success rates vary depending on the method of freezing- it’s 90% if frozen using vitrification but ours were frozen using the older method, it was so long ago in IVF terms (2013).

Advertisement